Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What paint is recommended to match FDS 777 throttle panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Pipe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: What paint is recommended to match FDS 777 throttle panels Reply with quote

Any suggestions please for a paint that is available in the UK that will match up to the panels in the FDS 777 throttle kits ?

Thanks,
Richard.
P Cos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Paint Color Matching Reply with quote

Virtually every major paint store in North America has the ability to take a color sample (Panel) and computer match the colors. This is actually how we do it on this end as we use different materials and the shades can vary off Color codes. Matching allows us to nail the color.
Call around to your better shops and I bet you will be surprised to find this is done on the spot! We even have shops that make custom spray cans for us this way. PC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Richard,

I am using car varnich. You can choose between hundreds of colours. I have compared an FDS part with a colourcard. The effect is great and car varnich is easy to use and makes a striking metal look.

Nils
moreau

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter explains it well, but itīs also a matter of standards. In the US they apply a system called Pantone, whereas we tend to use NCS in Europe... I tried to measure my 767 Nova panels by the NCS standard, but unfortunately they were right between two shades, leaving me with one option being slightly too light and one option slightly too dark.

The best solution is of course to find a paint shop that can blend according to Pantone.

/Patric
Julian Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

I got my paint matched at my local Home Depot, the paint manufacturer was Behr, the color codes are as follows.

Colorant 0Z 48 96
C Yellow Oxide 0 19 0
I Brown Oxide 0 10 0
L Raw Umber 1 11 1

I used the Interior Eggshell Enamel variety. The color match is very close in my opnion.

Cheers,

Julian
mark_ukd171

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

If you go to the larger B&Q stores they can colour match any sample you take. The smaller stores have colour charts and you will find one thats close if not exact. They made a very close match for my 747 parts that way. I think all the larger DIY stores will colour match too, if there is a Homebase, Wickes, or Do It All near you give them a ring,

regards
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: