Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring the VRS30 (Variable Rotary Selector)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lestat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Wiring the VRS30 (Variable Rotary Selector) Reply with quote

I am trying to wire up one of the VRS30's to an EPIC card. It seems that there are 3 leads in the middle of the selector that correspond to 1-4, 5-8, 9-12. When in position 1,5,9 there is a circuit between the 1-4 lead and lead 1, the 5-8 lead and lead 5 and the 9-12 lead and lead 9. I am sure there must be an answer for how to wire this but have not seen anything. Has anyone wired one of these and could you post the secret?

Thanks, Russ
lestat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: 30 Degree Selectors Solved! Reply with quote

Well,
I have figured it out. As it turns out you can pop these open (the 30 degree selectors) and inside there are three little metal tabs. WARNING: There are two little BB sized balls that will fly throughout your house, your cats may even chase them. If you make sure that you you only remove the back. Keep pressure against the post so that it will not move towards the open back. Doing so is not that much fun. If it does (and you convince your cats to return your BB's. Then there is a little opening on one side that allows you to place the BB, spring and other BB in. Just use a little screwdriver to press down and pull on the shaft. Now given that you have found and restored the BB's (or having read this have yet to let them out). You can remove two of the three metal tabs from the back of the inner rotating piece. You can't miss them as there is not much in there. Regular pliers will do. Be careful to hold the rotor shaft HARD or your will have to chase more BB's. Also make sure that you leave the tab that aligns with the #1 pin on the rear of the unit. Turn all the way to the left and then match the back (note the back only goes on one way) and determine the correct fin to keep inside. Toss the other two and then close. If you are wiring 8 or less of these to EPIC you can just wire two of the three pins on the rear to a single lead and then place leads along the outside per normal instructions for wiring buttons.!!!
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Rotary Selectors Reply with quote

Folks,
I will watch the incoming supply of these parts to make sure they are single pole from now on for simplicity. Usually they are. PC
mark_ukd171

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Russ,

reckon you saved me some grief Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: