Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key Kit Example

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Key Kit Example Reply with quote

Just a quick link for those that are using the FDS Key Kits..
Matt O came up with a unique idea and this is worth sharing:

http://www.a340project.us/_wsn/page12.html

You can also place an LED adjacent to the clear part of any of our keys and you will see that the directional light of the LED will put it right where it belongs.
Matt makes a point on this topic about grinding/sanding the tips of the LEDs.... this is really wise. It does a great job of dispersing light and also looks more natural..
Thanks again Matt.. PC
lestat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Building the Large Key Kits Reply with quote

I have been attempting to put together some of the large key kits. So far I cannot seem to place the large piece on over the LED's. The leads from the LED's (even when flattened as much as possible) causes a small gap between the large flat piece and the star shaped piece. While the GAP is very small I am not sure how to remove the gap without attempting to drill into the black peice on the front to make more space for the LED. Perhaps all the LEDS should be sanded to enable them to fit? I am using contact cement which does not cause any spaces between the key kit parts and perhaps that is my problem? Anyone who has solved this please reply.
P Cos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Key Kits Reply with quote

By all means, flatten the tip of the LED by sanding. We are doing this all the time to improve the overall appearance. Grinding down the tip also helps the way the light is emitted. PC
lestat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Large Key Kits Reply with quote

Thanks Peter. I am setting up my new grinder Smile and will be working away at this. Should have my Large Key kits ready for some painting tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: