Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewGuy03

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: CDU Reply with quote

I really like the FDS CDU, but I want to know how much you guys would charge to assemble it. I was told that AGT has just released a new complete CDU that comes assembled already, and I am curious to know if you guys can do the same so I can keep everything consistent.

Thanks,
Jason Franklin
Patrick Birch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that too, the preview pics from AGT looked really good. Not to downtalk FDS at all. But it would be nice if FDS would release an assembled unit

Patrick
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure he hasen't done this due to the time it takes to put them together. Remember Peter is a one man show. Also remember if he offers them assembled they will be a lot more money due to construction time.

Bob Reed
NewGuy03

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is only two at AGT Smile. Maybe their assembly technique is different?? Just wondering if FDS has similar plans. Just affraid of the many many pieces to be assembled and wired Sad.

Jason
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Assembly Reply with quote

Lots in the works guys.
If you have followed FDS long enough you have seen that we are innovators.. Always.
Elite needs a CDU huh? Almost set..

As far as the NOVA CDU goes.. I wish I had that kind of time to assemble them for you. I am pretty swamped in here to be honest. The only Assembly jobs I am taking on are pretty big ones for commercial contracts.
I have been working with a few builders and time has always been a problem.
On the one hand the support shown by the builders has been amazing. On the other it forces me to be producing parts and shipping etc..
I think alot folks are afraid of the unknown and need to dive in .. Passion will push you alot further than you think and there is alot of support.
Be brave.. If you want a sim you have to get your hands dirty.If you check the New Product link on the front page you will see the revised CDU kit I released last month. Half the parts. Simple to assemble
We also have a tutorial by Ray from "Blue Sky Up" that shows simple Matrix wiring to a keyboard encoder. PC

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/mike_newproducts.htm

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/tutorials/cdu/cduwiringtip.htm
lestat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: CDU Kits Reply with quote

I was also rather concerned about having to assemble the different parts. In the end I have found it to be a lot of fun and easier. This way everything will be wired to a single control. Mixing and matching pieces from different vendors seemed like a headache and given that only FDS has the complete set (Throttle/Overhead/Circuit Breaker/MIP/etc all) this is definitely the right choice. Once I got started on the small key kits it only took me about 1 minute per small key kit. I am using a cement that I just brush along the joints and it bonds in 10 seconds. This is really very simple. To have a complete sim you are going to end up building quite a bit (like the structure to house it) and the CDU key kit will be one of the small items you end up working on Very Happy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: