Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JetMax by FDS New product launch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: JetMax by FDS New product launch Reply with quote

We are proud to announce a new way to fly!
Our Secondary mission here is official... Getting people "Off the Desk!"
Welcome to JetMax!.
http://www.jetmax.ca
On FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JetMax-by-FlightDeck-Solutions-Ltd/169734156443131

fly_ebos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely perfect for me!
I'm space restricted and can only sit in one cockpit chair at a time, so a single seat is brilliant.

Looking forward to hear about pricing, features...
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: FAQ and Pricing Posted Reply with quote

Posted pricing and a basic FAQ this morning to get some basic info on JetMax on line.
Next step is to get a small Web Page up and running.
Peter

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/jetmax/JetMax-PriceList-Oct2011.pdf

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/jetmax/JetMax-FAQ1.pdf
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Karl737

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, well done FDS! This product is really going to make the "dream" a whole lot more accessible to many and expand our hobby even more, which is only great news for everyone. That throttle looks awesome too!!

Cheers,
Karl
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: JetMax Reply with quote

Thank you Karl.
That is exactly the goal here.
We know that there are so many passionate aviation/simmer folks out here that would love to jump into a more immersive experience and JetMax will likely enable them.
We have been working on this product line for a long time and we think we have it right.
The Throttle is a nice piece and we will show it alongside the SSTD at FSWeekend on November 5/6.
Peter
kondrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great product, Thanks Peter.

Are you planning to implement something similar to another models in later future?

So bad that I could not get my hands on JetMax when I was in apartment in tight space.

Thanks Peter again,

Denis
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: JetMax Reply with quote

Thanks Denis,
Right now we are focused on a smooth release of this prodct.
Once we are clear on that we will talk to or resellers and customers and tie those comments/opinions into my longer range plans.
For me FDS, we are excited at the prospect of being able to reach more people and get our product into more hands.
Peter
darren44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: TQ Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

any more specific details on the 737 TQ?

i know many of us have been waiting a long time for FDS to master this one!

Darren
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the "Mounting bracket for Saitek or CH Yokes" compatible with your current FDS DSTD MIP? How about the "Mounting bracket for JetMax 737 MCP/EFIS"?
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: TQ Reply with quote

Couple of Answers..
On the Throttle..
The total focus is on an "affordable" device. Just like the entire "JetMax" line of products.
You will not see JetMax for sale on the FDS page. For us it is a "Sub Brand"..
"Made by FDS" for a group of customers that we normally do not do business with.
In order to get the product into the lower price ranges, we had to look at what makes product expensive, then find ways to pull those items out.
JetMax will never replace FDS product. It will always be focused on customers that:
Want a better Flight Sim Experience
Have no room for the large setups we offer at FDS
Do not have the budget for building the full blown setups piece by piece
(Would likely get divorced it they tried!)
Want to buy a product that needs no programming, simple software, one computer, two at most...
That is the entire goal for me personally on the JetMax brand.

The funny part is this...
If JetMax was around when I started...
(for those that do not know, ten years ago I was:)

(This is before I met all you guys and my hair went grey!)
If I had JetMax as an option back then I would still be commuting to an office, in a suit, flying on my JetMax setup in the evenings.. Like a Normal guy!

For me personally, I don't get to fly like I used to.
One of the first JetMax setups will likely be in our office and flyable.
I know Steve is eager for one as well.

Back to the Throttle. Everyone wants us to make a JetMax" TQ with every feature of the real one.. It simply cannot be done. The big problem in our "industry" is the costing and sales side..
So many vendors have little experience in product planning and price things based on "Raw" costs. They forget about warranty, shipping when things break, lights, electricity, labour etc.. These are all real costs and you have think about them when you launch your products.
We always answer the phone here. We always get things sorted with customers. No point blaming the customer when you have a problem in design....
For this 737TQ. It will be very functional. It will not be motorized though. I simply cannot get that to happen in that price range. Could someone convert it? Of course. Could someone add backlighting to the panels?
easily....
FDS will have a high End 737 Throttle. We do now actually, they are the real ones.. cleaned and interfaced. Eventually I will kick off our own FDS version. for now I do not need for the large devices. We use real.

Great question on the Yoke holder.. Technically.. it could.
I would want to try this first though!
Thanks guys.. I hope people are seeing how JetMax is targetted and more importantly that many of the parts CAN be used in your larger setups. All I ask is that people try not to make the new product line something that it is not.
Expectation is everything. Clear goal described above. As always though. When you open the box, we should have exceeded your expectation. I think that is why ten years later we are still strong and growing.
Our customers make that happen.
Peter
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Peter. Will you please post when you have tried the mounting brackets? I look forward to seeing more on this product line. I know if you are involved at all it will be excellent.

Chris
01pewterz28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent this is just want I need I do have a question will you be expanding the line with other items to add for the 737 would would be great is to have an option 737 half shell but only half the cockpit shell I know the complete metal one is $1999.00 http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=571
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Shell Reply with quote

Not Sure I was planning on seeing a guy put a half shell in his bedroom!
I will be pushing forward on the JetMax line once I see everything running smoothly here on the first production runs.
Please keep in mind that the JetMax line is designed to be a "Step off of your desk" approach for simming.. Hundreds of folks out here are stuck to a Desk and the JetMax line (even as it is) is a huge step in the right direction of having a truly immersive experience.
Peter
captdini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Shell Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Great stuff and I think this is exactly the "bridge" that pure desktop enthusiasts need to crossover to the "other" side Smile

Couple of questions ?

1. Will there be a future addition of an OH panel possible ?
2. Can we use the motorized throttle from Revolution ?
3. IBL and Pedestal for radios in the future ?
4. An Airbus Jetmax series ?

Thanks and best wishes,

Dinshaw Parakh.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Some Answers:

1. Will there be a future addition of an OH panel possible ?
We will be reviewing and looking at the entire JeetMax product line yes. We have some other major elements to work on then we will start other areas.

2. Can we use the motorized throttle from Revolution ?
Any throttle can be useed. One thing I amnoticing is that many people seem to think that you must have a motorized throttle to fly a 737. This is not so. Many many devices get sold here that are not using motorized throttles and very flyable. Nice to have of course bu there is a price that comes with. The entire JetMax737KSTQ can be purchased for what any folks would pay for a motorized throttle.
3. IBL and Pedestal for radios in the future ?
Again, looking at alll options. The #1 goal of JetMAx is not to create a 40,000 set up... The #1 goal is to get folks that are DeskTop simming an option to move off the desk and fly with real hardware. This is 100% possible and easily done without an overhead or pedestal. How do yo ufly today? With a keyboard and a mouse..
Adding the JetMax737 ot your sim room would be a massive upgrade and totally change the way you fly. You can easily have a monitor for the Overhead, pedestal functions.
The Nav/COMM elements are typically in the CDU. Easy to work with..
Overheads are wonderful for start up. When you are flying.. think about how often you actually use.. Pedestal ? Etc..
JetMax is all about opening a door for hundreds of simmers that, are lnot going to have room, budget or spousal approval for a Full FDS type sim....
Super critical to us that people recognize that JetMax is not going to be FDS. Totally different target.
You can buy any JetMax product and expand on it forever. All our connections and protocol are the same as what we use in FDS.. No limits..
Some folks are looking at JetMax then deciding they want a higher level experience and looking at the FDS DSTD. Building that on their own in kit form is also affordable and brings all the FDS elements into place..

4. An Airbus Jetmax series ?
Under study. As are three other aircraft.
Software is the key. I can create another "affordable" device like the A320 but if the only decent software is $1200eu then we have to think...
The beauty of the 737 unit is there are numerous software options..
aersystems737 from Australia. Great software in terms of resource and needing little to run, very decent experience created here by Andrew.
http://www.aerosoft.com.au/home/jetMax.html
We have run FSX with this software, three video cards all on one computer and smooth....
Also new to the scene is the iFly737 from Flight1. They have a Cockpit Builders version available and we are looking at the SDK they supplied. Should be a few weeks and we are up and running there.
Nice folks, Understand the process of running a set up. I have a sample of the software here and am eager to try it on one of our setups once we move to the new facility next month.
Sim-Avionics. We ran Sim-A on the same single computer as described above with FSX.. smooth. Mark has coded so well.. SSTD version Sim-A is an option for those wanting to go that route.
All viable options and worth some exploration.
Hope this helps.
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: