Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FlightSim 737NG on the move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: FlightSim 737NG on the move Reply with quote

I want to apologize for my absence. I have been working extremely hard at work and all of my free time has been spent working on locating a place to move to. After 18 months of searching, in May of this year, we purchased 37.29 acres in Madison, Georgia. In September, we will begin construction on a barn/workshop. The workshop area will be 42 feet by 42 feet which will at long last give me enough room to finish building my sim. The barn will include an apartment that we will move into once we sell our existing home. We will live in it while we build our new home. I have had little time to work on my sim, but have worked on small projects that are not too noticeable. My website has had some problems that I am working on to resolve and soon I will post an update with new pictures. And finally, Peter I am in awe of what I am seeing in your new products. I have not had much time to review your website in the past, but in the last few days I have. To see what you have accomplished over the past 4 years that I have been a customer of your company is incredible. Congratulations to the entire FDS team. I look forward to cranking back up my project and getting reestablished with the FDS community.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

Very nice to hear from you Tom. Thank you fro dropping us a note.
Your project is a fantastic one and your webpage was/is packed with some very good information that saves all that follow down your road of blending real and replica parts a lot of trouble and experimentation.
One thing I have learnt in all of this is that these project sap a lot of energy from a person and stepping away can be the best thing. You come back with batteries charged and enthusiasm/passion in place as it was when you started.
Looking forward to seeing more on your work. Talk soon!
PC

(Many thanks for your kind words as well. Thank You!)
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give a quick update. Had a lot of trouble getting my website back up and running. Had to get my domain transferred and get the name released from the previous provider. Finally got that done. I am planning on starting my barn/workshop for my flight sim in January. I will be updating my website before the end of the year.
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
melnato

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SO MUCH for getting your website back Tom.

Ive been studying your TQ restoration closely all night and picked up some huge tips already...like the Retro Stab Trim panel...awsome!

Mate, if you still have a link to the trim light plate suppliers, Id love to order one for the Capt. side...

Regards,

Nat
tkellogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat,

It has been quite a long time since I ordered these. I ordered all of the plates, however due to cost, I did them on two seperate orders. I am not sure which plates correspond to the numbers below, but if Keith is still there he should be able to look up my order to make sure you get the right ones. Good luck.

The contact is

Keith I. Elliott
Buyer
Aviosupport Inc.
8525 120th AVE. NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
Direct: (425) 739-1450
Fax: (425) 739-6777
Email: Keith@aviosupport.com

Keith,

Last year I ordered some light plates for a 737 throttle quadrant for my flight simulator from your company. I couldn't order all four plates at the same time, however I am now ready to order the other two light plates.

I wish to order the following parts;

1 EA 10-61800-144 for $ 688.00 EA
and
1 EA 2 10-61800-194 for $ 642.00 EA
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
melnato

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps Tom...

Those two light plates almost cost as much as the TQ.... Shocked

Hmmm...maybe I'll have to clean up mine....

Cheers,

Nat
tkellogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat,

I agree. I got a little carried away on my throttle. If I had the plates I would have cleaned them up as well, however the trim plates were missing, so I ordered a complete set of new ones.
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
melnato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'll contact them anyway...nothing like spanking new light plates... Smile

Nat
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised I have updated my website to show what I have been up to for the past two years with my sim. Check it out when you have a chance.
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
tkellogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: We've finally moved Reply with quote

Well it's been a long time since my last post but I am happy to announce we've moved to Madison, Georgia. We built a barn for our horses and it has an apartment for us to live in. The flight sim is safely in storage after a tremendous effort to disassemble and move. I used my tractor with its forks to lift the base of the flight sim, in two parts, onto a flatbed trailer and then hauled it 50 miles to storage. The old house is ready to be put on the market and once it's sold we will begin construction on the new house. It has been designed with a large room in the basement, 24x30 for the sim. The sim room will have 10.5 foot ceilings. It will also have a control room for my computer setup and other components, in addition to a large workshop for construction. It has taken much longer to get moved than I imagined as we had originally planned on a barn with a workshop, then house with the sim room. We finally decided to build the barn first with an apartment and sell the house before building the new one. So my sim building has taken a back seat to our other plans. At 58 I hope to be retiring in the next few years. Than I will have the time to really enjoy my hobby full time.
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you Tom! Glad you dropped in to connect.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
mauriceb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: We've finally moved Reply with quote

tkellogg wrote:
The sim room will have 10.5 foot ceilings.

Hi Tom,

Welcome back. I'm just wondering why you think you need a high basement ceiling height. I thought the same at first but I can assure you that an 8' ceiling is more than enough as long as you use wide throw projectors.

Of course, maybe you just like high ceilings Smile . But if finances matter and you need to save a bit on the house, rest assured that an 8' ceiling will do just fine. That's what I have in my basement and everything fits very nicely.

Maurice
Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom

Great to hear from you again. I will have to make the short trip up there from SE Georgia to see your project one day. Likewise, you ought to make the trip down here to fly the Learjet 45 sim too.

Take care

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice, I made them high because my platform sits pretty high off the ground and I wanted to leave room for projectors above the cockpit if I mount them up top. Haven't really decided for sure just how I am doing projection yet.
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: