Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EVAC Buzzer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: EVAC Buzzer Reply with quote

Just a little info from left-field... I picked up an old Boeing 747-200 EVAC panel for parts and discovered something. If you are looking for the buzzer that is used in the EVAC panel for Boeing aircraft here is the info for it:

Mallory Sonalert Products Part Number SC628P
http://www.mallory-sonalert.com/specifications/SC628P.pdf

Mouser (www.mouser.com) sells them for about $24 U.S.

It will require a minimum DC voltage of 6V (4mA max) to operate and goes up to 28V (16mA max). The higher the voltage, the faster the buzzer will pulse (2 Pulses Per Second @ 6V and 10 PPS @ 28V).

I am going to design a simple voltage-controled switching circuit so that you can use a 0-5V TTL device (EPIC, FSBUS, 68HC11, etc.) to operate it. Bare in mind that the buzzer will need its own power source because it needs more than 5V to operate. I will post my design with part numbers when I get it finished.

Chris Mueller
Sim Icarus Flight Sim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: