Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDU set Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDPB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: CDU set Up Reply with quote

I have just received my new PRO-MX CDU for my desktop to be used with the PMDG-NGX. I have installed the required software and tested the unit using the CDU Controller Test Module. I am getting a No Sync message on the screen when selecting the LCD. Everything else seems to do what it is supposed to.

Selected the PMDG and Captain assignment and followed installation instructions. Started FSX, selected PMDG 737-800, the LCD remains blank and although I can drag the unlocked CDU window, it disappears when I move it off screen.

I suppose the question is, is my computer talking to the CDU properly?

I am using Windows 7, Intel Core i7-3610 2 x CPU@2.30GHZ, 64-bit operating system, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M card.

Any advice please?

Mike

OK, update. Managed to work out what was wrong and am able to get the CDU unlocked window dragged across to the CDU's LCD. Only trouble is that as soon as I let it go, all the data disappears. Drag the window back to the main screen and the data reappears. Any ideas?
Fred

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike -

Do you have the window position coordinates and resolution entered in the CDU config.ini? That is a must do for multiple monitors (I am assuming that you are not running a dedicated computer for the CDU).

Look at the following in the ini:

Full Screen = 1
Window L = (enter top left coordinate of the window*)
Window Top = 0
etc.

*Refer to the Windows Display utilty

Fred
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you see "No Sync" this refers to a Windows configuration issue.
You need to go to Display Settings (right click on your desktop), click on the small monitor that appears and then select "Advanced Settings". You need to adjust the Freq setting as the default is designed for larger Lcds...
Double check the move you are in. May need to be in "Windowed" mode...

Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
MDPB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue of the blank window is fixed. Thanks. Now, the CDU keyboard does not work in FSX. Certainly works in the Test Module, the correct light comes up etc but nothing when in PMDG Module. Went through the setup again and don't appear to have missed anything. Anything else I can try?

Mike
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have run the PMDG module after installing our CDU application there should be functionality. You have proven the CDU is functiional so it is now software....
This is covered in the CDU manual though...

It is likely easier for me to call or use skype to help here to be honest. Much faster than forum posting.. Let me know if I can assist.
Peter
MDPB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be right but one last question or two, in what folder should the PMDGCDU.dll reside and is the FDS PMDG Interface directory stand alone or should be part of the Flight Simulator X main directory?

Mike
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are automatically installed. You should not have to do anything with regards to moving files.
Lots of PMDG NGX users out here. If you are still struggling I would suggest you connect with me personally.
I have a few things I can throw at you.
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: