Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS SYS IO Boards and FDS-EM1 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B747-400

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: FDS SYS IO Boards and FDS-EM1 question Reply with quote

Hi all,

I’m working on my 747-400 setup. At the moment I’m working out what kind of, and how much, FDS-SYS IO boars I will need. To count the ports right, I have following question:

In the descriptions of the FDS-EM1 switches, I read they have 4 Leds. Let’s make an example: when I take a 64 Out Card for an example: can I power 32 FDS-EM1 switches, or only 16 switches? As I do not have specific diagrams of the switches, I have no idea if it is necessary to wire all Leds independently, or if this is done in the switch and I only need to wire one pin for both leds on the switches.

Same for input: I guess I need 1 pin on the card (+ ground or how ever it is called in your manuals) to check if the button is pressed or not.

If there are some technical descriptions for the switches and cards available, it would be absolutely great having them for planning!

Thanks a lot and BR from Vienna!
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to another 747 builder...

You run one wire through two led's to illuminate the upper or lower, left or right portion of the EM1. What I did was strip a length of wire that I could feed through the lugs on one half the switch and solder it in place.

So to answer you question you can configure 32 EM1's with a 64 out card. You run one input wire from each EM1 switch to turn it on or off of course.

Cheers,

Jon
B747-400

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

and thanks a lot for your help!

I'll keep you all posted with the progress of my setup. Seats, Yokes, Rudder - everything is still in place, but lot of work to do for MIP, OVHD, Pedestal etc...

And yes, someday I'll need to change my website too - upgrading from 777 to 747 Cool

CU
Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: