Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCDU and Project Magenta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a340peter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: MCDU and Project Magenta Reply with quote

Hi,

a few days ago I finshed configuring my FDS A320 Flight Deck to work with the project magenta A320 package. Most of the buttons and switches are working properly, apart from 2 items:

- the PM MCDU software is not getting the keypresses from the FDS MCDU
- I could not figure out how to configure the FDS Throttles to work with the FDS A320 Throttles. To clarify, the throttles work either as analog control or to send the throttle gates, but not both together, as it should be. Using the AST software this is also running properly.

Is anyone using the FDS MCDU (The one with the built in VGA Monitor) together with the Project Magenta MCDU? The PC running the software also has the AST MCDU installed, and this one is working without any issues. I have already tried every setting in the Tekworkx MCDU application, but the PM MCDU does not get any keypresses no matter what I do. If I start notepad and press some keys on the MDCU the letters are written to notepad, so it is not a hardware issue.
Really wondering what I am doing wrong...

Thanks for any hints,
Peter
DaveA330

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
I also have AST and PM. Both work fine.
I assume you have the FDS MCDU version that requires the InterfaceIT CDU controller. If so, open the CDU config and change to the Project Magenta config. Look in your task bar for the CDU icon and right click to open in config mode.
I will not be at my sim until tomorrow. I am currently using AST so I will need to switch over to PM to check their latest updates.
Hope this helps.
Dave
a340peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
thank you for your input. Yes, I have the version which requires the InterfaceID CDU controller.
I have already tried this, I have tried out every configuration available in the CDU Controller. AST is working fine, even if I select the Project Magenta MCDU entry (apart that then the / is displayed as a -), but the Project Magenta MCDU won't get any input from the Hardware MCDU. Really strange, but probably some minor thing I am overlooking.

Regards

Peter
DaveA330

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
Another thing I thought of....make sure the MCDU program has the focus if using it with other PM software on the same PC.
Dave
a340peter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

thank you for the hint. The MCDU is the only application running on this PC and is the application which has the focus. I tried running Notepad instad of the MCDU application, and Notepad is getting the keystrokes. Really strange.

Thanks,
Peter
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

You tried the "No Window" and the "Window" modes in the FDS-CDU software? Making sure the CDU screen was the focus?
DaveA330

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed the latest PM updates and my FO MCDU was not working. I checked the ini file and found that I had to set ThalesKeyboard=Off to ThalesKeyboard=On and it worked.
Try checking the ini file for your MCDU and see if this is set to ON.

Dave
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveA330 wrote:
I just installed the latest PM updates and my FO MCDU was not working. I checked the ini file and found that I had to set ThalesKeyboard=Off to ThalesKeyboard=On and it worked.
Try checking the ini file for your MCDU and see if this is set to ON.

Dave

Well of course.. Rolling Eyes
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
a340peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I already tried "No window" and all other settings. I will check the ThalesKeyboard setting, not sure what I have in there.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Peter
a340peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, my mcdu.ini file already has ThalesKeyboard=On. I will play around with it again this weekend, it must be some configuration or setting that is not set as it should.
a340peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EUREKA! Well, almost. The MCDU is working now, the reason apparently was that I ran the pmMCDU application as administrator. Running it as normal user solved the problem with the keystrokes not being sent from the FDS Hardware MCDU to the pmMCDU application.
Running it as a normal user causes the pmMCDU software to use a strange font though, some of the signs, like the arrow (->) and the boxes are displayed in a weird way. I will check the font settings, it must be related to running the pmMCDU as admin or not, because running it as admin everything is displayed properly. Go figure....

Thanks everybody for your help.

Peter
a340peter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Solved with workaround Reply with quote

Addendum:
Running both, CDU Controller and pmMCDU as adminstrator solved all problems, although I don't know exactly why. I have another PC for the RMCDU, and there everything is running seamlessly without runnig it as administrator. Perhaps eventually I will find out...
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your UAC set to "Never Notify"?

Control Panel\System and Security
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: