Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

interfaceIT and PMDG 777

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: interfaceIT and PMDG 777 Reply with quote

Good evening,

After receiving and installing the B777 CDU I am more than impressed. I have my own built Overhead and MCP in the making and I'm wondering what card would benefit me better for both Overhead panel (full) and the MCP. I'll be using PMDG 777 and wondering if it will communicate using the FDS interfaceIT software, has anyone had any joy? also do these cards support the 7 segment displays as seen on the MCP and illuminate accordingly to the sim? My other option is opencockpits cards and SIOC but I'm hoping FDS can support it.

Jamie
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SYS cards do not support seven segment displays.

The offsets used in the PMDG B777 need to be used and interfaced. Not sure there is a plan to do that at the moment. The SDK needs to used.

The MCP Interface will be ready this weekend. I will post the link in the forum.
Jammur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
SYS cards do not support seven segment displays.

The offsets used in the PMDG B777 need to be used and interfaced. Not sure there is a plan to do that at the moment. The SDK needs to used.

The MCP Interface will be ready this weekend. I will post the link in the forum.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve. Maybe opencockpits cards for my MCP and an FDS SYS card for my overhead then. I really do like the sound of these cards running through FSUIPC, if there's an SDK anything can be done, PMDG did a great job on there's. I was even surprised that the PMDG 777 CDU software showed the EXEC light along with the message / display etc illuminate accordingly, very nicely done...

Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: