Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 RMP and XPDR displays always on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jockel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: A320 RMP and XPDR displays always on... Reply with quote

Hello
I've assigned the A320 RMP panel and the XPDR panel to my FSX PC and they are running fine. RMP is powered only by USB, XPDR is powered by 12V external power supply. If I start the PC, all 7 segment displays light up as they should.
Now my question: is it possible to get the displays dark when switching off the BATTs and BUS TIE switches and not only when the PC is off?
The ON/OFF switches are only dummies and not connected as I see. Are there any offsets? I'm using Jeehells FMGS on my overhead and want to get the RMP and XPDR displays go much more realistic.

Or is there another way to have the displays status only changing when BATT and BUS TIE are on resp. off? Having the flightdeck completely dark but only RMP and XPDR displays on is not realistic.

Maybe there are some suggestions in the community Smile Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Jockel
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Avionics Software (JeeHell's) he would have to turn off the FSX Avionics switch in his logic. I will ask one of our customer's I know is using JeeHell's A320 software in a full trainer.
DaveA330

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeehell logic works perfectly for this. These displays will be dark until either a Batt switch or the Ext Pwr switch are activated.

The radios and XPDR have to be set up to use Jeehell and not the FDS InterfaceIT modules.

If you ran the InterfaceIT module setup you will have to disable the radio and XPDR modules in your AppData\Roaming\FSX\exe.xml file or simply uninstall it.

Then on the FSX PC go to the Hardware modules folder in Jeehell (make sure FSX is not running) double click the IITCreator.exe.
You should see your devices. If you see something like 'Other sofware running' it means InterfaceIT is still running.
Right click on each one and assign what it should be, Comm1, Comm2, XPDR. Expand each one and make your switch assignments.

Start up Jeehell and things should work like you want.
Hope this helps.

Dave
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave!
Jockel

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks also from my side for your hint! Works great!

Greetings
Jockel
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveA330 wrote:
Jeehell logic works perfectly for this. These displays will be dark until either a Batt switch or the Ext Pwr switch are activated.

Start up Jeehell and things should work like you want.
Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you managed to get the MCDU LCD to turn off when the OVH battery is turned off in Jeehell's FMGS software? Right now the logic works correctly when turning on, but can't get the LCD to power down when power cuts.

Have you also managed to work the dimmer switch on the mcdu?

Regards.
DaveA330

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MCDU LCD turns off when the batts are off. Also, make sure the EXT pwr is not on. When both of these are off my setup goes cold and dark.
The dimmer switch on my MCDUs dims the LCD screens but does not control the LEDs in the keys. Opposite to what happens if the InterfaceIT software is running.
If this is not the case with your sim, I am not sure what the problem could be.
Dave
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveA330 wrote:
The MCDU LCD turns off when the batts are off. Also, make sure the EXT pwr is not on. When both of these are off my setup goes cold and dark.
The dimmer switch on my MCDUs dims the LCD screens but does not control the LEDs in the keys. Opposite to what happens if the InterfaceIT software is running.
If this is not the case with your sim, I am not sure what the problem could be.
Dave

Hi Dave, I am using a 2015 FDS MCDU. I am using the Jeehell FDS InterfaceIT Creator (IITCreator.exe, included with the JL package) and have assigned it as the captain MCDU.

My dimmer switch on the MCDU does not dim the LCD screen, or the LEDs.
Does it need to be assigned? I do not use the interfaceIT software (should I?)

LCD does not turn off when batteries are shut down (ext power is also not applied).

I thought the back light in the MCDU is be controlled by the pedestal integral lighting rotary knob?

In a few Airbus setups I've looked at (on the Internet), the knob is sometimes interchanged with a dimmer up or down button.

Would also appreciate Mr Steve Cos 2 cents and if he has any advice on how to get the MCDU fully functioning.

Thank you.

Ben
DaveA330

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,
From what I can remember, I did not assign anything to get the dimmer to work. InterfaceIT should not be running otherwise the Jeehell software will not work.
The led back lights should be controlled by the integral lighting knob but there would have to be some sort of physical connection.
Currently, the dimming of either the LCD or the LEDs in the keys is done via the software and depending on which software you use. At this point only one or the other works unless like I said there was a physical connection. I may be wrong with this assumption but that is how I see it.
I do not know why your LCD does not go dark when the batts are off. I will be in the sim later today and double check my setup.
Dave
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveA330 wrote:
Hi Ben,

I do not know why your LCD does not go dark when the batts are off. I will be in the sim later today and double check my setup.
Dave

Hi Dave, do you have the FDS MCDU configured as a Jeehell module, or I/O board?

I've recieved my SYS4 card today (Thanks FDS!), and after looking at the I/O board configuration there are inputs including dimming options available.

Right now I have the MCDU setup as a module (captain side).

Thanks.
DaveA330

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,
My MCDU is set up as a module. I do not know of any other way to set it up and have the software work. I would not make any connections to Sys boards without checking with FDS first.
I checked my setup and all I did was assign it as a MCDU with no other assignments. Everything starts cold and dark and shuts down cold and dark.
Dave
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveA330 wrote:
Hi Ben,
My MCDU is set up as a module. I do not know of any other way to set it up and have the software work. I would not make any connections to Sys boards without checking with FDS first.
I checked my setup and all I did was assign it as a MCDU with no other assignments. Everything starts cold and dark and shuts down cold and dark.
Dave

Hi Dave, I will check with JL, perhaps he has a fix.

I have a black screen (but LCD still turned on) when batteries are turned off.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: