Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

737 CDU and the NGX CDU screen resizing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Driver170

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: 737 CDU and the NGX CDU screen resizing Reply with quote

If anyone is using the CDU with the NGX maybe you could help me with my problem.

After i set the size of the NGX CDU screen to match up with the FDS CDU and once i come out of full screen mode my NGX CDU screen shrinks and i need to keep resizing it evertime i come out of full screen in FSX

Cheers
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you resize it make sure you save that setting, I think it's S on the keyboard, check commands.

Michael
Ron D.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSX works a little different than previous FS9, when you could simply switch to windowed mode and shut down to remember window positions.

With FSX you must first, 'Maximise' the window in windowed mode before undocking and moving/resizing other windows. The little box at top right of screen. Your problem is probably due to the fact you are in a minimised window on screen when moving. when switching back from full screen, it reverts to the original smaller window.

Now, in maximised window, open, move and resize to your other screens.
Next, SAVE the flight.
Now you can switch to full screen mode and back and the screen sizes should stay the same size. ( or very close) also you can shut down in full screen mode.
When starting FSX again in full screen, just select the saved flight and the window positions should be where they were.

An issue arises with this method, as one of the reasons to go to windowed mode in FSX, is to access other programs, and the shortcuts are usually on the desktop.
To avoid this, move your shortcuts to the lower taskbar instead.

Hope this helps.

Ron.
Driver170

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys totally forgot about this topic! I will try it out later and let you know how it goes!

You mention saved flights? That would mean starting off at the same place i saved but i could then select my actual airport after it?
mdavenport

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a 3rd party addon to get all my panels on the correct screens at the correct size, including the CDU (can't remember what it is called now but can post it later).

Basically I do the following:-

1. Load FSX, Airport, Plane and Fly Now (defaults to full screen)
2. Switch to window mode
3. Zoom out the CDU
4. Undock the CDU (right click)
5. Run the 3rd party panel sizer app - this moves all the panels to the correct screen at the correct size (you obviously have to locate these manually once and save the settings)
6. Switch back to full screen and voila..

If I do come out of full screen and go back, mine also have resized so I simply run step 5 above again..

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: