Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jetmax with PMDG 737 NGX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavenport

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Jetmax with PMDG 737 NGX Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am slowly building my way up to the full Jetmax solution to take me off the desk. So far I have the CDU, TQ and will be ordering the MCP+EFIS soon.

I will run all of these on my desk with the PMDG 737 whilst I save the rest of my money before getting the rest of the Jetmax solution (Jetmax 737-K + Sim-Avionics software).

My question is around delaying the purchase of the Sim-A software and using the PMDG with the Jetmax 737-K which will allow me to get off my desk sooner. The cost of the SimA software will mean waiting another 6 months before purchasing the rest of the solution unless I can split the dependancy.

Could I purchase the 737-K and setup the avionics using the PMDG whilst I save for Sim-A?

I know the Jetmax FAQ recommend against this as PMDG is not networkable but someone on MyCockput forum seemed to think something was possible. By 'possible' I don't know if they mean they have networked PMDG or just got it all running from one very big PC?

Can anyone share any experiences or advice on this topic?
omera60

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMDG announced that they are working with FDS for a simulator center. They said in order to run the sim, they need a network setup and now they are working on it. You can watch the video here: http://youtu.be/uitDqLsD8pc

Last edited by omera60 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavenport

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

In terms of if I ran it on a single PC, how many monitor ports do I need on the graphics card?

1 x main monitor
1 x CDU
2 x PFD & Moving Map screen

??
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the issue...
Single computer with PMDG...
Outputs required:
1. Main visual (scenery/out the window)
2. PFD/ND
3. Upper EICAS LCD/Stbys
4. CDU Display
5. Lower EICAS Display

That is a heavy load for any computer... Any add on software?
Starts becoming. A slide show pretty quick..
The whole point of dedicated Avionics software is to move the "aircraft" and all the systems/automation to a dedicated computer...
Now the primary sim software like FSX/P3D/XP are focused on one robust computer with minimal load..
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
mdavenport

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete

If I didn't want the lower EICAS then I would need 4 display ports if on a single PC. Is this correct?

If I was moving away from the virtual cockpit of the PMDG then I am sure the fps will jump significantly. At the moment I am getting 25 fps at a busy airport and 30 fps (limited) when in the air.

I use ORBX scenery.

I would plan this only as a temp solution till funds permit the sim avionics software
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct on displays.
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: