Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

switch guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: switch guards Reply with quote

Hello

I'm wondering if there is a way to bypass the switch guard for example on the PMDG 777 the emergency lights has a black switch guard which has to be moved in the sim for the switch to work in not sure how they do this in Sim avionics unless the guard itself is interfaced some how ? There are a few korrys on the overhead with switch guards and this is the problem in facing now.

Cheers guys !
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is how you program it. 3 position switch that in the real one actually is guarded in the middle position. That is not possible with what is available out there now. So assign the "ON" position as "ARMED" and "OFF" will remain "OFF". You could assign the middle as "ON" if you need to actually see the EMERGENCY LIGHTING "ON".

But, not sure how you would assign it right now anyway as the interfacing is not complete?

Sim-A doesn't worry about the Guards, just the switch position.
Jammur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve thanks for your reply... I understand that Sim A doesn't worry about the guards but the PMDG does somehow... If I physically press the toggle on the overhead it wont work in the sim unless you click the guard down in the VC then it works but the SDK shows an offset for the switch positions thats how I was wondering if there was a way to interface the guards... I have actually managed to successfully interface the full PMDG 777 APART from the annunciators which will hopefully come soon. My plan is to get Sim A at the beginning of next year along with another 777 CDU after my sim is fully complete. I have tested my overhead with the SYS 1 board and its fantastic I must say... very straight forward after a alot of messing around with the software... I will also try your method for an example for the EMER LIGHTS switch.

PS -I'll post some photos of my project in the user project thread.
Cheers Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: