Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCDU Electrical interference (ground loop)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: MCDU Electrical interference (ground loop) Reply with quote

Hello,

Looks like I may have a ground loop somewhere -- electrical interference on the MCDU.

When I remove one of the 5v supplying one of my pedestal panels the fuzzy lines go away. When I remove the MCDU from the pedestal the fuzzy lines also go away.

Does anyone know how to isolate / eliminate the electrical interference?

Thank you.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try and ground the MIP to the Computer. Could be back feeding thru the cables.

Also make sure that any of the VGA and USB cables are not near any electrical wires.
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
You can try and ground the MIP to the Computer. Could be back feeding thru the cables.

Also make sure that any of the VGA and USB cables are not near any electrical wires.

Will try and get back to you Steve....I think I may have to rewire the whole backlighting in the pedestal -- right now the VGA and USB cables sit right on top of the FDS backlight distribution board!

Is that usually ok, or do you guys put the backlight board in the A320 MIP?

Cheers.
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update --- well sorted it out, looks like the DZUS rails were all charged up, so grounded it to the computer and all sorted out now.

Thanks, cheers!
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello -- looks like grounding from the pedestal didn't work as planned because this was shorting out the backlight to the pedestal.

I have determined that when the IBL-DIM slave link is attached from the MIP dimmer board to the pedestal dimmer board I get the flicking of the MCDU, and noisy throttle lever pots.

Removing the slave link (pot control) eliminates the noise.

Does anyone know how to 'ground' this wire, or any suggestions how it can be fixed? Thank you.

1st picture is the MCDU, pedestal and MIP backlight all functioning after removal of the slave pot link.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: