Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS Pro MX CDU LCD stay's black with PMDG. (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bodo_von_Thadden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: FDS Pro MX CDU LCD stay's black with PMDG. (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hello,

Since i have a new graphic card ( Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! extreme ), i have the problem, that the LCD of the CDU stay's black, when the operation system ( Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Edition) is booting. The card has 1 HDMI Port, 1 DVI-DL Port and 3 DisplayPort 1.4.

The VGA Port of the LCD CDU is connected via an active adapter from Club 3D

http://www.club-3d.com/isotope/c/cac-1002_en.pdf

When Windows has bootet, i can see the screen when i want to adjust the resolution. I have then set the resolution of the LCD of the CDU to 800 x 600 @ 60 hz, because the adapter works at this resulution.

Now, when i use the test programm of the CDU controller software i can turn it on and off. When i turne it on, i can see the windows logo and i can move an icon of an application to it and back.

Now my question is, is it normal, that i have to turn the LCD of the CDU first on or should it be already on, when Windows is booting.
I remember, that i had this problem not with my old graphic card, but the old one had a DVI-I port, where i was able to use a simple VGA/ DVI -I adapter

Bodo
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bodo

Yes that seems about correct.
I have FDS CDU and run Sim Avionics

The software (SysBoard Interface) controls the CDU and only turns it on when required.

Cheers
Michael
Bodo_von_Thadden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
you mean the FDS- PMDG Controller, right ?

Or do i miss something in my brain. I have only the FDS CDU, nothing else.

Do you mean the SYS Software ( Manual, page 13 ), SIM AVIONICS (SIM-A) CDU Setup.

Bodo
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FDS-PMDG Controller has it's own manual and needs to be followed to run PMDG and the CDU/MCP.
Bodo_von_Thadden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. But Michael was talking from a SysBoard Software. Did he mean the FDS CDU Controller Software ( Version 3.1.5 ) from the Download Page of Tekworx Limited ?

Bodo
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodo

No Sorry, I thought that you had FDS and Sim Avionics setup I don't use PMDG aircraft (Sim Avionics Aircraft Model).

Cheers
Michael
Bodo_von_Thadden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i got it run again - even in P3D v3.4

But 1 Question i have still.

I Use the PMDG 737 and i have also the PMDG 737 Module for the FDS CDU installed. When i start FSX or P3D and i have loaded the PMDG 737 i always start then the FDS CDU Software. The LCD stay's always black until i configure the CDU 1 with the test Program and enable there the LCD of the CDU. Then i switch in the FDS CDU Controller the module and select from the dropdown list the PMDG 737 and assign the CDU for the captains layout. When i save the settings then and quit P3D/ FSX and the FDS Controller software and restart again then the FDS CDU is configured with the PMDG 737 module. But then the LCD stay's black until the moment when i revonfigured the module for test purpose to turn on again the LCD.

This is always the procedure when i have restarted the sim and the Controller software. Normal ?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
The FDS-PMDG Controller has it's own manual and needs to be followed to run PMDG and the CDU/MCP.

You should be running this software instead. Replaces the FDS-CDU software.

http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/FDS-PMDGController%20v1.0.exe
Bodo_von_Thadden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

only the FDS-PMDGController ( FDS to PMDG Hardware Interface), right ? Not the FDS CDU Controller.

When i start the FDS_PMDG Controller the the LCD turn's on for a second, MSG, OFST, EXEC Button and DSPY illuminates for a second also. But then the LCD turns off. It say's then "Running ...."

I keep it then running with Aircaft Type PMDG 737 NGX.

Then i start P3D v3 and select there the PMDG 737. After switching on the battery, i want to move the CDU of the PMDG over to the LCD of the CDU, but the screen stay's black. I have no clue why.

The only way i know is to start the FDS CDU and select from the drop down Menu the test module to select the radio button of the LCD to turn it on.

Bodo
Bodo
signmanbob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
This is the problem that I am also having.
I start my FDS-PMDGControler software and during the "Initiation" and "Finalization" the CDU screen will light up perfectly, then turn back off and I cannot get it to come back on, even if the aircraft is powered up.
Was there a solution found for this thread or some help for this problem?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be the most common problem and mentioned in the manual.

What did the installer do :

● The PMDGController program was installer in \FDS PMDGController

● The <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini and <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 777X\777X_Options.ini is automatically modified, adding to the bottom of the file : [SDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1

If you have any trouble getting the hardware to work with the PMDG aircraft please check this entry has been correctly added to the file. And if it is missing, should be manually added. It is required to allow the aircraft to output data to third party modules.
signmanbob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:

● The <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini and <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 777X\777X_Options.ini is automatically modified, adding to the bottom of the file : [SDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1

If you have any trouble getting the hardware to work with the PMDG aircraft please check this entry has been correctly added to the file. And if it is missing, should be manually added. It is required to allow the aircraft to output data to third party modules.

That worked! Thank you.
Believe it or not, I tried this before I posted here.
I copy/pasted the [SDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1 into the last line of the 737NGX_Options.ini file using Notepad, then saved it.
When I started the aircraft, nothing worked on the CDU, not even the buttons, so I went back and removed the line.
I tried it again after reading your post and now everything is working perfectly.
The only thing that I can think of is that I may have copied an extra space with the text, that messed up the whole thing when I pasted and saved it.
Thank you for your support and Merry Christmas.

Bob
thomas69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,
Recently I switched from FSX to P3D and I've got the same problem as Bodo has.

It means that I respected each steps of the FDS CDU installation but when I run P3D then start my CDU, the CDU's screen stays black....
However, the CDU test works perfectly.

So I tried the Bodo's solution; launch the sim then run a CDU test to start the screen then configure back to PMDG and Captains.
Unfortunately, all the buttons doesn't work...

I need help Rolling Eyes

Thank you
Thomas
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the above mentioned solution. Also make sure you install the supplied Sim-Connect software.

Located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: