Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JetMax Throttle Synch? (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tankleader

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: JetMax Throttle Synch? (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have both throttles operating but would like to know how to synchronize them in FSUIPC.

Thanks

Andreas Elesky
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "sync", calibrating or having them work together (which would defeat the purpose of having independent levers !)

Jack
Tankleader

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
What do you mean by "sync", calibrating or having them work together (which would defeat the purpose of having independent levers !)

Jack

Reading through the various options in FSUIPC, I thought your could synchronize them at a certain point. Just a question based on what I've read.

Thanks
Andy Elesky
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never synced mine, they are pretty well EQUAL once you calibrate them. I have not had any trouble with throttles causing any asymmetric problems.

What would sync actually do?

Cheers
Michael
Mascot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had the issue that my 777 TQ would put out a slightly higher value on the RH Throttle in low EPR settings. It would eventually match up in mid range but it was noticeable that the Aircraft had a tendency to yaw left when taxiing with both throttles slightly out of idle.
To get rid of this, that's what I did:

-Calibrate the Throttle axes independently in the Gamecontroller settings in Windows (that ensures the Throttles make full use of the pot travel)
-Assign the axis within FSUIPC
-Calibrate the axes in FSUIPC independently.
-Then use the sync button on the throttle tab of the axis calibration section (in the lower middle of the screen).
Just hit the sync button when in idle and then push both Throttles equally up lets say a 1/4 inch, hit the sync button again, move up another 1/4 inch, hit again and so on until you reach the max Thrust setting.
This will generate a curve in one of the Throttle axis (I believe its the RH one) to Match the LH.

Since then everything is in sync and the TQ Split in lower EPR ranges is gone.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: