Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Moving map Reply with quote

I used to have PM Quickmap on my 737 lower DU (showing route,navaids, Tcas, with frequencies, airports and all kind of details including taxiways and parking spots when zoomed in.

As I move to SimA , looking for info on a compatible similar soft if any?

Jack
omera60

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack,

As far as I know there isn't any software that is especially "compatible" with Sim-A but there are universal options that can be used in EFB style. I've heared good things about http://www.aivlasoft.com . They were working on a v2 sometime ago but I'm not currently up-to-date on it. I think the new charts and enroute maps from Navigraph will feature something similar to it. You can follow their progress from http://blog.navigraph.com .

Best,
Omer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, will check these.
Jack
Banananav

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack

I too have been looking at Aivlasoft, but am waiting to see what Navigraph come out with.

I currently use the good old Flight Sim Commmander 9, on a separate screen and networked pc, which also runs VPILOT. The only niggle with FSC9 is that if you scale out from 100 to 200 nm you lose most of the detail.

Rgds

Chris

"More Beer - Bigger Women - Longer Runways"
(Buccaneer aircrew toast)
hillryanc

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Moving map / remote virtual cockpit Reply with quote

Not sure if you're just talking about a map that moves and shows where you are, but there's an iPad app called remote virtual cockpit (RVC) that connects well to P3D. You can zoom all the way down to where you are on a taxiway or at the gate and zoom out along your entire route of flight. Only problem is you can't show your flight plan route on it. I just go back and forth between RVC and ForeFlight or Navigraph Charts on the iPad. I recently invested in another iPad and now have one iPad mounted on my yoke for Navigraph charts and the other has the RVC off to my left (from Capt side) as in real B737.
cmantel1

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving map Reply with quote

Hi Jack,
I use Avlisoft EFB. It's really nice for round planning and SID/STAR suggestions (it suggests them based on what direction you are approaching from and the Rwy. But, nicely, you dont have to select a rny, and just use the STAR, then ATC will assign you a rny.

But, it has a VERY nice moving map. I have mine running on a 4x7 inch display mounted on the left side of the MIP at top up from tiller. Looks real nice, exp in "night mode".

What I like about it most is that it is very useful for taxi because it shows traffic at the airport on taxiways. Helps prevent taxi way incursions.

Zoom to whole AP , or just zoom down to very close to your plane. All very nice. Also, it shows all available nav-aids and frees as you fly, so if you are inclined, you can turn them in and use position button to show a dashed line to the navaid. I like to make a "V" shape with them as I fly. I know, I know. Anal! But it really looks cool.

I highly recommend it. Looks like the big boys on the A380. :-}

jackpilot wrote:
I used to have PM Quickmap on my 737 lower DU (showing route,navaids, Tcas, with frequencies, airports and all kind of details including taxiways and parking spots when zoomed in.

As I move to SimA , looking for info on a compatible similar soft if any?

Jack
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: