Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Widetraffic 64 Causing P3D V4 to Crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raofaisal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Widetraffic 64 Causing P3D V4 to Crash Reply with quote

I have installed Widetraffic 64 in my home cockpit comprising of 04 client computers for outside panoramic view and 01 Server computer for controlling client computers through Wideview addon.

After starting of P3D v4, it crashed on all the 04 client computers with error VCRUNTIME140.dll. It happened again and again on all the 04 Client computers. Surprisingly, this error did not appear on Server computer. Then, I uninstalled Widetraffic 64 from all the client computers. After uninstallation, the client computers are again working satisfactorily. This confirms that CTD of client computers by VCRUNTIME140.dll is being caused by Widetraffic 64.

An observation is that when I start Widetraffic on the Server, Frame rate immediately drops from 60 to 15~25 and the server starts stuttering. Then, If I press "Regenerate Remote Traffic" option on the server, FPS are again restored to 60 and the server starts working smoothly. Unfortunately, this smoothness remains only for a few seconds as FPS again drop to 15~25 and the server starts stuttering again. I have tried different planes on theserver but no success. In case of clients, they crash as soon as I start Widetraffic on the server. I have tried even by removing payware aircrafts and ground vehicles from their respective folders but the issue of clients crashing is still there.

I tried to use Vatsim to analyze the issue. For this purpose, I set all the traffic options on server as well clients to zero. The Vatsim aircrafts successfully appeared on the clients. However, clients crashed within 10 seconds. This happened multiple times. It is to be mentioned that I have used same Vatsim setup in P3Dv3 with the help of Widetraffic without any issue. i.e. same traffic settings, aircrafts data and liveries. This happens only on all the clients as server never crashed.

Another observation is that WT64-process-64.exe*32 process appears in Windows Task Manager with more than one entry i.e. same process appears up to 4 times at the same moment. When this happens, FPS drop and stuttering occurs on clients. All the additional WT64-process-64.exe*32 processes use 20-25 % CPU accumulating to 75% -100% CPU usage. When I manually "End Process Tree" for the additional 3 WT64-process-64.exe*32 processes, stuttering stops. This is very surprising and it never happened previously in P3D v3.

This is happening on all the clients. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Widetraffic on all the clients but no success.

I have come to the conclusion that as soon as Widetraffic server starts to send traffic to clients, the clients crash. It does not matter whether the traffic is airplanes or ground vehicles. The only option which works is by setting all type of traffic in Server PC to zero (without using vatsim). With this setting clients do not crash. But when Vatsim is used, clients crash even when all the traffic at Server PC is set to zero.

I have tried to get support of Luciano Napolitano, the developer of Widetraffic, but he is not responding to my emails.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Winstonc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems with large frame rate hits and instability and ended up uninstalling it until the next version to see if that is any better/

David
Marco Eckl 777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear raofaisal (?),

what do want to achieve with widetraffic?
Do you wanna have realtime traffic in your sim? or just have AI Traffic?
FDS-777-MX-MCP
FDS-777-MX-Overhead
FDS-777-PRO-MX Pedestal
ACE 777 Proline Yoke
https://facebook.com/B777SSTDHomecockpit/
http://www.b777homecockpit.com
raofaisal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Have you contacted Luciano regarding this issue ? What was his response ?

Regards

Last edited by raofaisal on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
raofaisal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Marco,

Widetraffic is used to synchronize AI traffic throughout the local area network of server and client computers, so the same airplanes fly at the same time and place on every client computer. This causes same airplane to appear in panoramic view of client computers as it moves through the view appearing in each client computer. This works for both online traffic netwroks like Vatsim and AI traffic injecting addons like Ultimate Traffic 2, My Traffic etc.

For further clarification,

http://wideview.it

Regards
Marco Eckl 777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi "raofaisal" (?)

thanks for your answer. i know what Widetraffic is doing. i wanted to know what you are trying to achieve with it, what you answered now.

The problem is also in your case, that with widetraffic, as with most multimonitor setup, that sometimes the GPU and CPU gets to its borders, when spreading the views over more monitors.

Thats why more and more people are moving to Projector setups or TV monitors.

i use 2x 55" TVs and dont need Wideview, as i just have them connected to my P3D pc. And for traffic i use PSXSeecon Traffic which injectes realtime traffic with no FPS impact.
So i guess i am not able to help you here. As my setup is different, then yours.

Hope you find a solution for your problem.
Greetings
FDS-777-MX-MCP
FDS-777-MX-Overhead
FDS-777-PRO-MX Pedestal
ACE 777 Proline Yoke
https://facebook.com/B777SSTDHomecockpit/
http://www.b777homecockpit.com
raofaisal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marco,

I am using multi-monitor setup but in the way that each client computer runs only one monitor which displays a distinct view. So 04 client computers provide display to a total of 04 monitors and the distinct views from each of these monitors sum up to a panoramic view, say 180 degree. Therefore, there is no overloading of CPU and GPU rather load is reduced and shared among the client computers. This is obtained through Wideview addon and is different from Nividia surround feature in which one GPU provides display to more than one monitor for extended view.

I have been using Wideview and Widetraffic for a long time with FSX and P3D v1, 2 and 3 versions with absolutely no problem. However, the new version Widetraffic 64 for P3D v4 is apparently having some serious error in its coding as other users like David have also experienced similar performance issues.

Moreover, the developer of Widetraffic 64, Luciano Napolitano, also seems to be unwilling to resolve the issue as he has not responded to my multiple emails. End result is that I have uninstalled Widetraffic 64 from my setup.
Thanks for your review.
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet moved to V4 so can't test the application. However, another user that I talked with today has tested with wideview and widetraffic on V4 using a server and 5 client PCs. It works fine with default traffic. I am wondering if one of your issues is maybe model mismatches in whatever traffic you imported, whether it be VATSIM models that are not V4 compliant or UT2 models or ??

Just a thought.

Anyway, widetraffic does work with the default AI in P3D V4.

Version 1.1 of Widetraffic for P3D v4 has been released by Luciano.

Cheers,

Jon
Winstonc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried 1.1 and it still cause Prepar3D V4.1 to crash.

David
Winstonc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working!

I had a number of 3rd part AI traffic apps, although I was not running any of them. However, I uninstalled all of them. Reinstalled WideTraffic64 version 1.1 (make sure you don't have it running still in memory by going into task manager and end the WideTraffic task left from any previous crash) and it now works.

David
raofaisal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remains of Widetraffic64 after crash / restart of P3D 4.1 are a big issue, showing 2 or 3 Widetraffic64 in task manager with CPU usage upto 25 % (in normal condition, Widetraffic consumes almost 0 % CPU power). This multiple appearance results in severe stuttering of P3Dv4.1. So additional Widetraffic64 are to be closed manually in task manager and then P3Dv4.1 works fine.

This issue needs to be addressed by Luciano.
Winstonc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree

David
Winstonc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I give up (for now) with WideTraffic64. It causes to much unreliability across my 3 PC running each view and the server has to much impact on frame rate just with default AI set at very low levels.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: