Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chart / Map lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Flare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Chart / Map lights Reply with quote

Dear fellow flight simmers

Where in the flight deck ist the chart light?

On the cockpit sidewalls just forward of the oxygen masks are the control panels for the chart lights and the map lights. The map lights are usually located in the eyebrow cutouts left and right oft he forward overhead panel.

But where are the chart lights (illuminating the little clipboards at the side windows)?

I have looked at dozens of cockpit pictures and can’t figure out where the chart lights are located.
Does anyone have a picture that shows where this light is actually to be found?

Next question:
Is the IBL brightness of the sidewall chart/map light panel connected to the ‚MAIN PANEL‘ dimmer knob below the Cpt PFD or is it assigned to a different dimmer knob?

Thank you all!
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

The Chart lights are for the side window chart clip. There is a light with a mirror that reflects down on the clip area. I looked for pictures as well. Had to ask once on a flight after we landed. Southwest pilot was kind enough to show me.

The IBL for each side is connected to the IBL dimmer for that side. Captain to Captain Main Panel dimmer and F/O to F/O Main Panel dimmer.
Tony Flare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.. couldn't really recognise it.
How do you resolve this in your setups? Do you just mount another map light above the side window?
I was fortunate enough to acquire a used OEM map light and I know these are also available as replicas by FDS. However I have never come across a mirror reflection light as described by you.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't offer them, the light and mirror are part of the sliding window. We make a Map Light panel that matches the aircraft but only supply the map lights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: