Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Closer and Closer to Reality - Snapshot with overlay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Closer and Closer to Reality - Snapshot with overlay Reply with quote

Hi,

I've spent numerous hours working on night lighting, and I think I'm just about done.

May need to make them a bit smaller.

pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
Please educate us with more details on what you are adding... I am sure many would love to learn more on exactly what you are doing and how,you are making decisions... great results there!!
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

I'd be more than happy to tell you what I'm doing. There is a company called Creative Design Studios (Owner-Chris Bell).

Some may know of his earlier (night lighting) work with a series of 3rd. party addons called Night Environment. Since that time he has been working on (just released) addons called Black Marble and Black Marble Vector.

Black Marble is a worldwide Landclass based system that allows you to add night lighting throughout the world, this includes volumetric night lighting. It adds a degree of realism I've never seen in flightsim before.

Then there is Black Marble Vector, this takes Black Marble a step further in that it adds all the real world road data into the flight sim. You then have the ability to light up these roads with lighting, including volumetric lighting.

I actually ran a route following the roadways from Teterboro New Jersey to Ronkonkama Long Island using the highway lights to get me there.

There is a way to combine both (Night Environment and Black Marble) programs with a small edit to the terrain.cfg file, the end result is amazing.

I'm really a novice with this program and its true potential, the person to inquire about this is Chris Bell. There is a ton of information on his website for those interested, here is a link to their online forum.

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/

Here is a link to one of my videos showing off the new night lighting effects I've been able to achieve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRl6LR9Esk
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Some of the areas I've taken overhead screenshots inside P3D Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Here are some of the overhead shots I took inside P3Dv4 after installing Black Marble and Black Marble Vector.

Marco Eckl 777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,

your updates and your pics/videos are always appreciated. I was curious about making the step to Black Marble but it seems legit.

I will check it out once again and think i have to give it a try.

Wish you always happy landings
FDS-777-MX-MCP
FDS-777-MX-Overhead
FDS-777-PRO-MX Pedestal
ACE 777 Proline Yoke
https://facebook.com/B777SSTDHomecockpit/
http://www.b777homecockpit.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: