Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JetMax 737 Project ALWAYS at 98% Completion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belisba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: JetMax 737 Project ALWAYS at 98% Completion Reply with quote

I want to thank Mark, Steve, and many other experts on this forum for their support on this project! I am still learning the software and working through minor hardware issues, but for the most part, I'll call this SIM project ALWAYS 98% complete!

Remaining:
1. Build (personalized) Simulator and Flight Deck Procedures (will share with forum after published). UPDATE: See Nov 28 Post Below.
2. Rebuild the bank account (wife's support has been great, but she would like to see some SIM $$ return to savings !)
3. Fly, Fly, Fly.

PICS:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/I7RgC4G4Fqf7ndcbclmboDqwi9zPKDKCek96fhjRWVy

Last edited by belisba on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Brad! Nice job.

Let us know if you need any help.
hillryanc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome - well done! Curious where you got the the visual projection system from and what's the ballpark cost? I have a similar narrow office configuration and it's been hard to find a visual system narrow enough to fit. I have about 9 feet in width to work with. 3 40" TVs are working fine but even on a Titan X video card, only get 20-25 FPS with all of the sliders pinged at HD airports. Thanks!
belisba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my screen from PixelWix http://pixelwix.com/21-diy-section
Great folks there helped me decide on best solution. My space is only 7' 4" wide and their DIY 7'0" 180 degree screen was perfect. Price now is less than what I paid. The screen came crate shipped from Florida and I added their projector mount as well. I'm running two Optoma Short Throw EH415ST Projectors with Fly Elise-ng https://fly.elise-ng.net/ Warping software.

I'm using a AMD R9 295x2 card https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202108 Frames are 40+ in EyeFinity Mode. What I've found is that I'm very close (for realism) to the screen and that means I keep the P3D4 sliders at Mid-levels and textures at 512/1024 to prevent stutter and over-saturation. I am also using the latest Orbx scenery (Global Only). I thought at first I might be unsatisfied with projection, but the good frames and immertion factor more than compensate for less visual sharpness in my mind, it's always a balancing act🙂
hillryanc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brad - appreciate the info! Ryan
belisba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: JetMax Sim-A Abbr. 737 Procedure Reply with quote

I appreciate the feedback I've gotten from others in this forum. I had mentioned before I was working on a Procedure for my JetMax Sim-A setup. See below:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/YFa7AG1FUejk0JalITdMvn41nAre9OXHQmrruWLDOq3

My objective in developing this "abbreviated" procedure was to help get friends and family airborne from the Captains Seat from the Cold & Dark state (while I hovered over them with a drink in my hand pointing things out). In full disclosure, I also wanted a shortened procedure that just got me up in the air as quickly as possible when I was feeling lazy or short of time.

Regardless, I want to strike the right balance of immersion and simplicity and would welcome your feedback or suggestions on how to make the procedure better. I hope I am not offending those of us who are hard-core simmers and only do things by the book....I have all the published "real" procedures and hold them in high regard in my serious simmer mode of operating...!

Feel free to download and use, modify as you wish.

Brad-Texas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: