Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-Installation of Sim - Annunciators Resolved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giatri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Re-Installation of Sim - Annunciators Resolved Reply with quote

Hello

Due some issues with EICAS screen, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the
Sim-Avionics 1.7 software on the Avionics computer.

The result: EICAS issue persists and on top of that ,all annunciator lights don't work? including the Flaps transition lights. The only lights working properly are the Gear position and Flaps TRANSIT and EXT. lights .

EICAS:
As per Steve's advice I checked the Main Panel DU and Lower DU selectors position in the SYS Board.the Position matches.
Also The AC /DC power has been checked.
Remarks: by draging the server page over the black EICAS Screen, the two
STBY instruments come up, and disappear again when draging the server page away.

Recall autopilot values and flps values has been done!

ANNUNCIATORS:
The SYS Board test mode all annunciators light up.

During an approach when lowering the Gear and arming the speedbrake
The fuel annuniator on the six pack lights up.

Last edited by Giatri on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bazeo21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

best if you sign your name btw so we know who we're talking too.

You need to explain a little more what the EICAS problem is. If it's a black screen give this a try.
Go to your Sim-Avionics root folder and open monitor setup. Make sure all your screens are switched on (all screens attached to your avionics PC that SimA runs on) and then go through the monitor setup process and correctly assign the monitors, then restart SimA.

With regards annunciator lights you need assign them to the correct functions in the sysboard controller, the reason your seeing the fuel light come on when the gears down is because that's the light currently assigned to 'gear down'. You need to assign it to the 3 green lights over the gear handle.

If you're unsure how to assign lights let me know and I can take you through it.

Kind regards

Mark
Giatri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Of course, sorry my name is Gianni!

I went again through the monitor setup process, and I got like the previous times a successful monitor setup, all monitors identified properly, but nevertheless the EICAS still black?!

Concerning the annunciator lights I would like to take the opportunity to go through with your help!

I have Skype , Skype name giannifly or FaceTime (iPad, or iPhone)

Let me know. I live in Thailand, so I'm 7hrs ahead!
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gianni

Your initial problem with the EICAS going blank sounds more like an OpenGL display problem across the GFX cards.

What GFX card are you using ?
How is it connected ? - Direct VGA/DVI or via an HDMI or Display port converter ?

The first things I would try are :
1) Ensure you have installed the latests GFX drivers.
2) Try running the EICAS in non-fullscreen mode... ie with a border.
Click on the EICAS and press B to display the border.

If this doesn't work - send me an email and we'll try and work something out.

Your second question with the annunciators just sounds like an assignment problem.
Did you backup your previous ASSIGNMENTS.INI from the \SysBoard Interface folder ?
If you did - simply copy the backup INI into the new SysBoard Interface folder.
If you didn't.
Press Clear all Inputs (from the Input Assignments tab)
Press Clear all Outputs (from the Output Assignments tab)
Import : \Imports\737_JETMAX_MIP_IMPORT
SAVE

If this doesn't reset your annunciator assignments then I think your annunciator 'connectors' are connected to your SYSboard in a slightly different order to standard.
The quickest solutions is to reassign the problem annunciators on the Output assignment tab.
Use the checkbox on the right hand side of each function to verify if the correct output is assigned.
If the annunciator does not come on, 'Clear' the assignment and then press Reassign.
Follow the simple instructions, find the correct LED using the Y/N keys, press Use LED.
Remember to press SAVE every so often.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: