Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 1.58 (And X-Plane)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asifillyas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Version 1.58 (And X-Plane) Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone happen to have a download saved of the Sim-A Server version 1.58?

I need to troubleshoot something and a rollback from 1.70 to 1.58 is a requirement to test my system to see if an autopilot behaviour returns to normal. It's the last time I can recall this problem not being on my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I could offer a virtual beer in return, I would! Laughing
thank you,

asif

Laughing
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asif

1.70 is pretty stable.
What sort of AP problems are you having?

Did you the Restore Autopilot values in the Server?

Cheers
Michael
asifillyas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Asif

1.70 is pretty stable.
What sort of AP problems are you having?

Did you the Restore Autopilot values in the Server?

Cheers
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the response! Yes I restored the values.

The autopilot never locks and behaves erratically. My cockpit is using xplane 11. The support for xplane is very limited andi realise that but the autopilot did not behave this way in 1.58.

I'm using the default 737 now but the x737 plugin also behaves the same after server version 1.70.

During 1.58, even though there may have been other instabilities with p3d or fsx, the autopilot worked quite reliably in xplane. Hence, wanting to try a rollback.

I'm getting very limited help from sim-a on this so I am reaching out to you guys.

Do you have an archive by any chance?
Thank you very much,

Asif
vaidorge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I understood what you mean but the new release 1.7 is more confortable and really near of the real 737ng. More options like sysboard, fi integrated (not so easy with XP and FI software) ...

I'm not sure that the 1.58 with the new xp will be work fine. I did it with xp10 and found many issues which were reported to Mark and on this forum : Unable to start engines, lights not recognized ...

The only question is: Is FDS ready to invest on XP like P3D?.

I don't know if it's the case ask to Mark for that (which is the next future of sima - XP and or only P3D). The last date of release is this summer.

Best regards

Emmanuel
Yoke from ACE
P3D, XPlane
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment X-plane development is on hold, as currently we're not seeing enough demand for it. But that doesn't mean to say it's never to be revived.

XPUIPC provides a large amount of compatibility with X-Plane, and with some work it is possible to run Sim-A with an X-Plane platform, but there are a number of items that work completely differently in XP to P3D that require large amounts of re-working for full compatibility.

P3Dv4 is progressing nicely, and now with their new 64bit platform we're hoping this will aid with the future visual development..(for me, in particular - night lighting).
We don't know how this is all going to progress, but with 95%+ of our customers running FSX or P3D this is where we are focusing.

But things can quickly change - so who knows...

ps you can download v 1.58 here: http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/Sim-Avionics%20Flightdeck%20Avionics%20Main%20Installer%201.58.exe
asifillyas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:
At the moment X-plane development is on hold, as currently we're not seeing enough demand for it. But that doesn't mean to say it's never to be revived.

XPUIPC provides a large amount of compatibility with X-Plane, and with some work it is possible to run Sim-A with an X-Plane platform, but there are a number of items that work completely differently in XP to P3D that require large amounts of re-working for full compatibility.

P3Dv4 is progressing nicely, and now with their new 64bit platform we're hoping this will aid with the future visual development..(for me, in particular - night lighting).
We don't know how this is all going to progress, but with 95%+ of our customers running FSX or P3D this is where we are focusing.

But things can quickly change - so who knows...

ps you can download v 1.58 here: http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/Sim-Avionics%20Flightdeck%20Avionics%20Main%20Installer%201.58.exe

Hi mark,

Thanks for the response!
From my seat, almost everything works in xplane 11 except for this swaying and inability to lock heading.

I remember it not happening in 1.58 hence the request to try it again.

Aside from simulation of the starters, which can be skipped by resetting the flight in xplane, everything else is really close except for the erratic autopilot.

I’ll report if I find anything out with my experiment.

You mention it working “with some work”...is there a procedure page for this that you speak of?

Thanks so much,
It’s such an elegant suite that it is a shame that I may have to invest in a competitor to run the autopilot...so I’m hoping I can make it work with some limitations until the revival of xplane support could possibly occur.

If you have a list of adjustments that you could send I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Cheers
Asif
asifillyas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

It did not work, rolling back to 1.58.

Now I still need to try this with x737 instead of the default 737 in xp11.

Could you point me to a procedure for making the x737 work with sim-a as you stated?
thanks,

asif
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best post with X-Plane info.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5391&highlight=737simguy

737Simguy posted some important info. (Thanks J)
asifillyas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
This is the best post with X-Plane info.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5391&highlight=737simguy

737Simguy posted some important info. (Thanks J)

Hi Steve,

Yes I saw this and tried everything. Unfortunately, those procedures do not solve the aileron constant back and forth on the roll axis for me.

Pretty much everything else works....at least what I need.

I think the long and short I'm seeing is that cockpit builders who chose the combo of sim-a and xplane are forced to used "P3D or go home".

It's forfeit the investment in either...your choice. Use sim-a and you must use P3D/fsx . Use Xplane, you must not build hardware cockpit.

Pretty frustrated here that I've posted many threads to no avail. I had hoped someone was using this combination with some success but nobody wants to chime in. If I could only solve this aileron/CWS/roll error I could enjoy simple autopilot flight and continue to discover other, smaller, issues and help the others who may be trying with this combination.

It's a distinct possibility, then, that everyone who was once using xplane and sim-a has ditched the combination. Including you guys.

If I stumble, blindly, onto a solution, I will report back,

Asif
asifillyas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my previous post, I want to state that the reason I am trying to make it work more than you guys think may be worthwhile is because I paid $750usd per five visual instances for pro-license of xplane....and your pricing for dual seat sim-a. Together that's over $5K.

So I hope you can understand my frustration. I think if any of you were in that much $$ for the combination, you'd be trying to find a solution too.

If I hadn't bought the pro-keys for xplane ( because, this rolling behaviour was NOT occurring when I did), I would port over to P3D and go through the pains and investment of making P3D look as much like xplane as possible....because it does not out of the box by any means.

Asif
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all the posts I have seen in this Forum and even the ProSim Forum there are only a small number of people using X-Plane. Same comments made in each Forum. Spanning numerous years.

How XP development and how FSX/ESP and P3D development have progressed the majority have gone with FSX/P3D. Not sure anything will change till the demand is there. The XP numbers are small and would require more time devoted to XP and not FSX/P3D.
asifillyas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
From all the posts I have seen in this Forum and even the ProSim Forum there are only a small number of people using X-Plane. Same comments made in each Forum. Spanning numerous years.

How XP development and how FSX/ESP and P3D development have progressed the majority have gone with FSX/P3D. Not sure anything will change till the demand is there. The XP numbers are small and would require more time devoted to XP and not FSX/P3D.

Thanks for the response - I understand why you aren't supporting xplane. It makes sense, yes. It's just frustrating that it workd fine for two years and now not!

The small number of xplane users, I understand there is -- I guess I'll try and contact them directly and see if there are any workarounds.

P3D even v4 - looks like it would take a considerable amount of add-ons to make anything like XP11 out of the box. Also, the streamlined nature of having next to no pugins makes the software run very smoothly.

I guess people in the biz are used to a house of cards like FSX with many add-ons as opposed to a solid, streamlined, full-functioning, visuals software with hundreds of native 3D airports, weather, etc.

You guys should also, then, state on your sim-avionics site a small warning about xplane not working well any more -- it used to -- but not now.

Thanks for your time in these emails! - I know it must be a pain to hear from one xplane user in a sea of FSX/P3D users...

Hopefully, more will see the power of Xplane 11 and help solve these issues together as a community.

Again, I'll report any findings if I happen to come across them.

Cheers from Canada,
Asif
737SimGuy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Asif,

I sent you a PM. Also be sure to DELETE the x737 plugin or the two autopilots will conflict. I never used x737 v5, so I don’t know if anything has changed.

I have ZERO experience with XP11 and the new default 737. So I’m afraid I don’t have much to offer. I have migrated to P3D V4 as well and love it.

James
asifillyas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

737SimGuy wrote:
Hi Asif,

I sent you a PM. Also be sure to DELETE the x737 plugin or the two autopilots will conflict. I never used x737 v5, so I don’t know if anything has changed.

I have ZERO experience with XP11 and the new default 737. So I’m afraid I don’t have much to offer. I have migrated to P3D V4 as well and love it.

James

Hi James,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I've actually stumbled upon a possible fix for my problem and am going to confirm that today, later on, so as to not get too excited. It's with the default 737 and datarefs...XP11 has changed a lot and is MUCH better suited for builders as opposed to the older versions.

I'll post on this thread if my breakthrough holds out.

Actually, last night, I had P3Dv4 in the cart and just needed the CVV from my credit card and went to get it -- but I closed the window and when I went back up, I thought I'd try one more thing with XP11 before succumbing to the power of the darkside... LOL!

And stumbled upon an MCP value adjustment...

Still, the lure of P3Dv4 lurks in the corner....

Thanks for your email. I appreciate it! Smile
Cheers
asif
vaidorge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I think it will be fine to have full FAA certification. XP yes not P3D Wink.

And SIMA is working well about 85% under XP.

No pressure Mark Cool

Have a good journey

Emmanuel
Yoke from ACE
P3D, XPlane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: