Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yaw Damper INdicator will not go off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winstonc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Yaw Damper INdicator will not go off Reply with quote

I recently updated to Prepar3d 4.1 from 4 and also running the latest version of Sim-Avionics.

My full 737 cockpit is on ground power, IRS aligned, but now when I switch the Yaw Damper on the Yaw Damper indicator light will not extinguish.

The only way I can get it to go off is to turn it off, move the Flight Control B switch on the overhead to OFF and then back ON, and then the Yaw Damper switch to ON.

This never use to be an issue and not sure what has changed.

Ideas?

Thanks

David
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time that situation occurs, before toggling the FLT B switch - can you open the overhead gui and check the switch status on there.

If the switch is correctly closed then it may be something in the logic.
If the switch shows as open then it may be a switch assignment problem.
Winstonc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, I did check that and the switch on the virtual overhead was in the off position and if I tried to move the virtual switch to on, it would not stay and just moved back to off.

I checked the sys controller software and the physical switch was registering correctly.

Thanks

David
Winstonc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Just checked everything again.

1. This problem happens with every flight

2. Yaw Damper Switch on my FDS overhead is assigned correctly in Sys Controller software and registers as going on and off correctly in the input and output testing tab.

3. In the virtual Overhead, when I turn the physical switch to on, it moves to on and then straight back to off.

Any suggestions as to what else I should look at?

Thanks

David
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

Sounds like it's the FLT B situation that's the cause of the YAW Damper not staying on.

Try to work out why the FLT B switch is not closed on the virtual OH
Maybe try loading a different situation on startup to what you are loading now.

Is it just the FLT B switch that is out of sync when you start up? check for others.
You should match the switch positions on physical OH to virtual OH on startup

For the moment you could introduce turning off/on the FLT B switch on your physical OH. that should line up the switches and then you can turn on your Yaw Dapmer (right ?)

Cheers
Michael
Winstonc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,

So you are right its the FLt B switch causing the problem.

After startup and aligning IRS etc. If I look at the virtual overhead, it shows both the Flt A and Flt B switches as being on guarded and off even though the physical switches are guarded and on. By moving the physical ones the virtual ones go back into sync and then the Yaw Damper Switch works.

I checked the assignment of both switches and they are correct in Sys Controller (the off position is read as both on ON and STANDBY Rudder switch positions are in the OFF state - there is no actual third switch position for OFF.

I have saved both the aircraft again in the Sim-A Server Software with the switches in sync and saved the Prepar3d scenario.

However on closing down Sim-A and restarting back up, the exact same problem exists.

So the problem is with the fact that the Flt Controls A & B switches are starting up in the OFF position not the yaw damper.

However, I do not know why they are starting off in the off position.

Also, if I click "Refresh Switch States" Everything syncs up.

Thoughts?

Thanks again

David

UPDATE
--------------------------------------------------
I seem to have solved it by changing my Sim-A startup .BAT files to run the Sys Controller software before the Server Software (before it was Server then Sys Controller).

Not sure why this happened though as I did not use to have the problem.
belisba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone's inputs. I too have had the same Yaw Damper issue with P3Dv4. Went through some of the steps everyone else went through here so I now know its not my setup or assignments.

I was wondering however, if anyone is having a similar issue with the PACK switches. I have to cycle the PACK switches on the Overhead Panel from the OFF position to AUTO and then back to OFF to get the ENG START SWITCHES solenoid to engage and remain engaged until engine start.

Validated assignments and reassigned just for S&G's. Seems the problem is similar in that by cycling the PACKS, the switch position logic then aligns properly, but not if switch is in the OFF position during initial power-up.

I'll try David's Sys Controller software before the Server Software solution and get back to you on both accounts.

Brad-Texas

SA Software Version 1.7X
MIP- JetMax-737SKTQ
MCP-EFIS- JetMax-737MCP-EFIS
Overhead -JetMax-737OH1
Throttle Quadrant - JetMax-737TQ
Radio/NAV JetMax-NAVCOMM1
Transponder- JetMax-737-XPNDR
Yoke AGR737YOKE-CP
Rudder Pedals-Cirrus PFC (Boeing Style)
Winstonc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing sporadic similar problems. It seems that the physical positions are not always being synced on startup anymore.

Like you I am running Prepar3d v4.1 (Just client updated).

It only seems to be limited to the forward overhead switches.

Clicking on the refresh button on the Sys Controller seems to fix it temporarily until the next startup..

Not sure what is going on.

David
belisba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum...can't remember if I was having the issue before updating to P3Dv4.1 or not. Did anyone "start" experiencing this issue ONLY after upgrading to 4.1?

Brad-Texas
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P3D is independent. so it doesn't matter what version you're running.
It doesn't even need to be running.

Can you say how your switches are assigned.
It's a fairly common problem with 3 position switches, as the middle position isn't wired. therefore the switch is detected in the middle position when either of the other switch OFF events are received.
So sometimes it's very difficult to detect the position of a 3 position switch on startup.

As a Pack switch example :
OFF is wired to switch 1
AUTO is not wired
HIGH is wired to switch 2

In the Sys controller - AUTO is assigned as the OFF event of switch 1 or switch 2

On startup the functions are scanned in order, so if the switch is in the OFF position...
PACK OFF : Check Switch 1 position : it is ON, Therefore PACK goes to OFF
PACK AUTO : Check Switch 1 position : it is ON , Therefore no action
PACK AUTO : Check Switch 2 position : it is OFF, Therefore PACK goes to AUTO
PACK HIGH : Check Switch 2 position : it is OFF, Therefore no action

So in this case the physical switch is in the OFF position, but after a switch scan the switch moves to AUTO. (because PACK HIGH was scanned after PACK OFF)

There are a few things that we can about this, like changing the scan order of certain functions.

Can you check in the SYS Controller, Move your 3 position switch and tell me which switches are assigned to the Top and Bottom positions.
If we can find a pattern, I may be able to add something to compensate.
Winstonc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark I am having continuing issues with my Fly Ctrl A and B in that on startup the virtual overhead shows them as both off although the physical switches are both on.

In the Sys Controller software, the Flt Ctrl A (or B) Off position of the switches (which are not wired) is setup as "Off Event" for wired Flt Ctrl A (or B) STBY RUD (wired) input and also assigned a secondary "Off Event" for the wired Flt Ctrl A (or B) On.

If I click on the Refresh button on the Sys Controller software, everything goes into sync.

Ideas?

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: