Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching over from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Switching over from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 Reply with quote

From one of our customers and very similar to converting from FSX.

You don't need to run any Sim-A installers.

Assuming you have both of your P3Dv3 and v4 installations installed.

Install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4. You can use your existing registration of WIDEFS7 along with your new FSUIPC5 registration. WIDEFS hasn't changed.

Run the sim and generate a new FSUIPC5.ini.
Copy your old FSUIPC4.ini from your existing P3Dv3 installation into your new P3Dv4 module folder and rename it FSUIPC5.ini.
Check through it and adjust any paths to suit your P3Dv4 installation and change the P3D version and Simconnect version to suit.

This is generated in the new v5.ini file when it was created.

Copy your SIM-A 737/777 Aircraft folder to P3D v4 Simobjects\Airplanes

Run P3Dv4 and load up your Sim-A 737/777

Run WIDEFS and make sure it connects okay. Then run your Sim-A software as normal.

Make sure you have removed all of the axis and buttons in P3D controller setup in the normal mode and slew mode and then enable the controllers in P3D.
belisba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to follow these setups guidelines and get P3Dv4 working well with Sim-A. In addition, I'd like to add the following:

Use a 3rd party unZip utility for P3Dv4 rather than what Windows provides. I found installation failed after unzipping using the Windows unzip utility but did fine using 7-zip.

Be sure to install as an administrator.

I found that the default path for my P3Dv4 wasn't the same as P3Dv3. P3Dv4 installed though the "Programs Files" directory while P3Dv3 installed via Program Files (x86). I'm sure because P3Dv4 is now 64-bit, but this might be a fact lost on some if they look for P3Dv4 installed next to their P3Dv3 copy and wonder where it did install.

In addition to changing the FSUIPC5.ini (formally FSUIPC4.ini) to the newer P3D version and Simconnect versions, I also had to copy over my [Sound] settings to get sound to work correctly. There were some minor delta's in this section with P3Dv3 and v4 in the .ini file that may have accounted for this.
hillryanc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good info guys. Was finally able to get Sim-A and P3Dv4 talking. Only problem now is getting the TQ to work.

Steve, what exactly do you mean when you say, "Check through it and adjust any paths to suit your P3Dv4 installation and change the P3D version and Simconnect version to suit."

For some reason no matter how I manipulate FSUIPC or the controller options (enabled or not) in P3D options, I can only get the flaps lever to work.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ryan
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you see the Flaps moving in the Windows Game Controller? If it moves in the Game Controller, double-check if there is an Axis assigned in P3D (remove it) and then check that you have it assigned and calibrated correctly in FSUIPC.
hillryanc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks- everything works now except can't get the speedbrake to calibrate properly. Appreciate the help!
hillryanc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also getting a config warning on takeoff and landing that appears to be tied to the gear position but can't figure it out.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I finally made the move to P3D V4 and thanks to this post the install was fairly smooth.

I seem to have got out of it fairly well with what seems NO additional bugs or problems than what I had in P3D V3. (I do still have my P3D V3 setup installed on the PC just in case)

After installing all the Add-Ons, scenery by Orbix, FlyTempa Sydney, ASP3DV4, GSX (that's pretty much all) the system seems to be pretty stable.

On first run things looked pretty ordinary and FPS were a shocker then I found a video on youtube with suggested settings for V4 and after implementing those I now have pretty good scenery complexity and frame rates that are solid 25-30 on most of my Airport Scenery.

I also have working landing lights with Sim Avionics 1.7 737 aircraft.

One thing that I miss id Dynamic Friction ULA but hoping there is something similar implemented in P3D V4

Thanks for the info on this post
Much appreciated.

Cheers
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: