Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 Gear Panel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A320

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: A320 Gear Panel Reply with quote

I have got to the stage where I am trying to mount my gear panel properly. I am using the 3D MIP (Nova). I dont want to "deface" the panels etc as i have seen alot of builders avoiding this when mounting. How have you guys done yours?

Pics soon i promise!!

Andrew
A320 Builder
We Love Chad Campaign
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: panels in panels Reply with quote

I have yet to reach that stage but will adopt the following approach
I will make a panel template with all the apatures cut out of the MIP this will be fixed temporarily in the housing that support the monitor( normally where the VAC MIP would sit)
Then using wood make a housing fixed to the monitor housing which will allow the gear panel to be fixed into a position that lines up with the right apature. once the template is removed the gear panel will be lined up fixed to the monitor support housing. This will allow the VAC MIP to be easily removed at will to provide access from the front. In effect the MIP just becomes a cover plate.
Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: