Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 Throttle Kit out there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: A320 Throttle Kit out there Reply with quote

Just wanted to see who has the A320 throttle kits, Just received mine yesterday, the housing went together like a breeze it looks amazing.

Nicely done again by FDS

Mark
Suggy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be looking to get one later this year.
Does it come with any connections/electronics so the PC sees it as a 'joystick' or is it merely a 'shell'? In other words, is there a lot more work to do by the end user?

Thanks,

Darren

www.sugden.karoo.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Assembly Reply with quote

To date the builders I am hearing back from (some get parts and hide in teh basement for a few month and return with a pic!).. are sendng positive reviews. They all agree.. When you open the box... hmmm..
The tutorial done by our prototyper Daniel K. is a bog help. Lambis did the finishing on this setup and sent along some other material that assists as well. So.. Its not as difficult as people would think.. that is the perception we have.
Hooking up is not a big mystery I promise you. DK will be adding this to his documentation and he had the whole thing functioning in no time at all.
We can show you how to go USB with this device and how to configure it via existing software to function like the real thing does!
PC
markt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter is absolutley correct, I have to say that when I opened my box of parts whoa! I was taken back at all the pieces but then once you get started and follow the well documented construction and a little help from Daniel I was able to assemble my housing kit in one night!! The throttle arms are a bit tricky but the prototypers and Peter are always willing to answer no matter how trivial the question is.

I am really going to try to get pictures up of this work. It really is amazing the detail of this throttle.

I have one throttle arm almost complete (not glued yet) and it seems to be going smooth as ever.

I too await the tutorial on hooking it up to the PC .......

mark
Frank Bond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You A320 guys are making me jealous........... I am waiting for the B737 throttles! But really, they look very cool in the pictures and I am happy for you. My turn will come. Enjoy!
Suggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
I'm looking forward it! Very Happy

Best wishes,
Darren
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Salbado

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just connected my FDS Throttles to the sim using the RS232 Gameport...it seems that a USB Converter was only sending one axis...had to nix it.

Anyway, it works and looks really fantastic. I still need to get the reverse mechanism calibrated and set up right as there are some pieces that will be taking quite a bit of abuse...and need to be re-tooled.

The Throttles themselves are not difficult to build. It's throttle linkage and potentiometer set-up that needs to be carefully crafted...and patience and thinking go a long way here.

But, I can tell you, that with your hands on the power levers, the experience is bumped up a few levels..you won't want to fly on the autothrottles... Laughing

I will post some pics soon...
Suggy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing your pics! I've been on holiday for a week and I've been working on my sim non-stop. However, taking a step back, it feels as though not much has been done! I can't wait until I am in the position to install the throttles. Hurry up with the pictures! Smile

Best wishes,

Darren
Salbado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Airbus 320 Trhottles Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

Yeah, I know how that feels...seems like you spend days on this thing and all you do is make up a new list of more things to do. I approaching 2 years on my sim, but I must have at least 200 + hours on it.

I will do a photoshoot of the throttles shortly..a few thing I want to finish up.

Meanwhile, how do I post these pics here?[/img]
remont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Airbus 320 Trhottles Reply with quote

I received my A320 throttle kit. It have been built in about 6 hours ! And it's very easy. Only one things, don't forget you have to do one Engine One levers and one Engine two Levers ..... Symetrics ones !
Some parts are very Fragile, but it get more and more stronger as the building progress.

The result is amasing. No paint for the moment i have to sand it.

Moving the levers and feeling the gates is very exciting !

I'm thinking about installing two potentiometers now. I have to imagine how. We need some gear wheels as the levers move for approximatively 70 and a potentiometer is 290. I have my idea for how to build this. But if someone is already in this phase, I'd like to have some picture or what solution you choose.

Some picture of A320 throttle kit on my website in two or three days.

RE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: