Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Magenta Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Project Magenta Software Reply with quote

Hello

Does anybody know if the Project Magenta software is stocked by anyone here in the UK any outlets or web site addresses or does it have to be ordered from abroad.

Cheers

Colin Turner Laughing
MatthiasS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Magenta Software Reply with quote

As far as I know, its only available online:

http://www.projectmagenta.com/order/index.html

Matthias
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin.. You can only get the PM software from the internet. It is an instant down load so there is no waiting. YOu Buy it, download it, install it and send us the code. We will then send you the unlock key. This can all be done in a mater of a couple of hours usually.....
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: PM Software Reply with quote

Thanks BOB

What if I down load the software but don't install it for a few months?

Cheers

Colin
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not matter... We had a guy who just came back after being away for 2 years. He didn't have to pay for the software again. But if you are going to buy it I would install it on somthing and play with it.. It is nice software. If you decide to move it down the road you just install it and ask for a new key...
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: PM Software Reply with quote

Thanks Bob

With the software I know I would have to buy the full package to get everything, but what extra would I need to buy to realise the first officers displays and also to be able to show the three FMC's would they only take extra licences or is it extra software.Do you also model the lower eicas screen within the full package?
When the software is down loaded can it be put onto a cd or is that not possible? Just in case anything happens to the computer.(melt down) Confused

Cheers

Colin
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about running 3 CDU,s but I am checking on that. You would need the full pakage which is 399.00 the FO which is 149.00 and at least 1 RCDU which is 99.00. The full package includes everything except the RCDU (the remote CDU) and the FO's instruments. As far as putting the software an a CD.. Yes you can but if you reinstall the OS the code will likley change. There is no extra charge for asking for more codes in case of computer melt downs... Very Happy
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I looked into it and the answser is at the moment you can not have 3 CDU's, just the 2. But it could be done. You might be better off jumping on PM's web site and asking Enrico himself about it if you need it right away. But he is very busy right now and this would not get high priority.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd CDU is not important to have functional. If it is important to you however you could run a small video splitter from either the Cap or F/O display to have the 3rd screen display info as well.
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Project Magenta Reply with quote

With the installation of the project magenta software loading it onto the server computer would need an unlock key code e mailed from PM does it mean that a seperate unlock code would be required for each of the client computers on my network?
What is the size of the of the full package, the FO's package and the RCDU trying to gauge how long the download will take.

Cheers Smile
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the software is less than 4mb. The CDU is more than that because of the Nav data. Yes you will need keys for every machine as the keys are hardware specific.
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Project Magenta Reply with quote

Could you tell me if you can display the two Eicas screens at once or do you have to scroll the Primary display with the secondry display?, and would you need a client PC for each display or can you show the two Eicas displays on the same screen?
Bob Reed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu can display both screens without scrolling. Give the demo a try.
Nils

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought but not installed it yet, because the network is not ready.

PM seems to be very fair.

P.S: I think I knoe the guy with the to years Very Happy From germany or?

Nils
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: