Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airbus Flaps and Speedbrakes mecanism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remont

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Airbus Flaps and Speedbrakes mecanism Reply with quote

Two questions that are almost the same :

- For the flaps lever : 5 positions. Do the pilot have to pull the lever to move it ? Or does it move normaly and stop with "gates" ?

- For the speedbrake : Does it move without any special action ? All the way ? The arm position : is it a step forward after "iddle" position ? Or is it a pull action from iddle position ?

I Know, bad English ... But I think you'll understand my questions Smile
A320

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe pilots have to pull a part attached to the shaft upwards to move the flaps lever. This acts as a locking mechanism.

For Speed brakes to arm you push them towards the throttles to arm and fully back to deploy but they do automatically deploy on landing i think.

Andrew
A320 Builder
We Love Chad Campaign
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Speed Reply with quote

To arm the Speed Brake mechanism you actually pull up on the handle. There is a position detente there. That would be armed..
There is also a Detente for in Flight. Half way through the movement of the lever.
Flap is as you mentioned with the lower portion of the two part knob having to be pulled up to allow the lever to move.
We have these in development and they will eventually be released..
I swear! Smile
PC
Ric_Barker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
To arm the Speed Brake mechanism you actually pull up on the handle. There is a position detente there. That would be armed..
There is also a Detente for in Flight. Half way through the movement of the lever.

PC

Peter,

From the info I have have, the spoiler lever only has one detent, and that is Stowed/Armed. You are right that the lever is in the full forward position for stowed, and pulled "up" to arm. However, there is no detent in the middle of the lever travel, as that equates to 50% spoiler deployment.

Ric B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remont

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Speed Reply with quote

I look to the Meriweather website (http://www.meriweather.com/320/320_main.htm).

Information seem to agree with Peter. Here is what we can read :

* Manually pushing lever down and aft inflight, selects surface position of Speed Brakes. A "hard point: is provided at the 1/2 position.
* Speed Brake deflection is limited to approximately 1/2 with an autopilot engaged, regardless of lever position.
* Pulling the lever up to the RET position arms the ground spoilers to automatically extend for landing or when executing a rejected takeoff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: