Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

744 and PS1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniele

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: 744 and PS1 Reply with quote

Hi,
have someone try to use PS1 for his homecockpit ??

I've see in the website,many good things.

Complete Eicas,TCAS II, overhead logic that maybe can be use with a keyboard encoder or a EPIC card.

waiting for some reply...

bye

Daniele
Charles of the Switz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: PS 1.3 B-744 Reply with quote

Jo hi Daniele

I am also using this superb simulator PS 1 from Aerowinx since about 5 years and am intent on building a real size sim in the mid future.

Since Aerosoft Asutralia seems to fold it's wings Sad many PS 1 users are faced with the task of finding another suitable interface for their sim. (For the Aerosoft MCP/EFIS/EICAS there was a special release available from Aerowinx...)

Question here is: Could this coming InterfaceIT system be used in conjunction with PS 1.3? I can't wait till more news about it are coming our way Smile If Peter Cos could shed some more light on it, that would be super! I know, you've got a lot of things to do - all at the same time Laughing

Tks

Charles, near LFSB
daniele

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only order ps1,I haven't try it yet, but if it's possible have every buttons on a key or key sequence it's easy configure it with a keyboard encoder.
I don't know if it is a point anc click simulator or not.maybe you could say me that.

...for example CANCEL and RECALL of eicas you click, or there is a keyboard assigment like "C" and "R" or "ctrl+C" and ctrl+R"

if there is this possibility it's easy to do.....the things that make me scarry about it is that ps1 is a dos program but I need to run it under Windows,and connect to FS2004 for external view....I know it's possible but I don't know if I'm able to do it....project magenta it's very simple to configure.

ciao

daniele
A320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hyway.com.au/747/747.html

Matt Sheils 744 in oz uses ps1

Andrew
A320 Builder
We Love Chad Campaign
Charles of the Switz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Aerowinx PS 1 Reply with quote

(After lurking around for months, I finally took it on me to properly register to this forum Smile )

Hi Daniele

Many internal functions of PS 1 are accessible by keyboard - but not all. There exist however very many free utilities who make it possible to use for instance FS 2004 as a scenery injector or to access many internal variables via a utility called 'Broker'. You can spread your sim over many PC's connected by a network (LAN, TCP/IP). There is also a plethora of free tutorials and manuals etc. PS 1 does simulate approx. 95% of all systems and includes a realistic flight model.

Re OS: I would strongly recommend, that you run PS 1 on a Win98 box. This can be your grandma's PII 233 MHz box. Over here you get them for an apple and a song, so to speak Smile Then connect this box via LAN with your top-of-the-line-every-bells-and-whistle 1000GHz machine Razz to use FS 2004's visuals on it.

I also strongly recommend, that you spend some time on the support forum on www.aerowinx.com many questions are answered there..

As A320 mentiones: Matt Sheils B744 sim is a sight to be seen. He is btw planning on adding a moving platform to it Cool . Oh, and he runs nine (9!) PC's to operate his sim, sheeesh Shocked

HTH
Norman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The motion side of Matt's sim is hoped to be functional this year but running independantly.

By this I mean that the platform will have a dead weight equivalent to the sim and associated payload and will follow the commands of the aircraft whilst the sim remains firmly on the ground.

After extensive planning and testing (like everything Matt does) it is hoped to marry the two up in about 18 months.

That is something to aspire to!!
daniele

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..so

if I understand whell this is an example of possible setup:

server w98 PS1

client 1 WXP fs2004

client 2 WXP pfd/nd

client 3 WXP primary eicas

client 4 WXP secondary eicas

client 5 WXP CDU

is it ok ???

thanks

bye

daniele
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: PS1 / FDS Reply with quote

We are wide open to working with the PS1 group to get interfaceIT working with this software. I looked at it once and ran into several issues that made it difficult. Tekworx might be able to go much deeper and make things happen. PC
Charles of the Switz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: PS 1 / FDS Reply with quote

@ Daniele
To my best knowledge, just the machine running FS2004 need to be running on XP (or W2K for that matter). The machines running the various displays can be cheaper machines running W98. See the aerowinx forum for discussions about various external displays.

@Peter Cos
I'll send HH a link to this forum message.
I'll be looking forward to your news re Tekworx's InterfaceIT.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: