Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F-16 Simulator Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maj. Harm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: F-16 Simulator Suggestions Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I'm Rusty Wittner just got a few questions for some of u out there...
Here's my problem, I'm just bout ready to build a F-16 flight simulator using FDS panels and I have solved most of my problems of how i'm gonna hook up all of the switches, such and such, etc. lol My problem is i'm not gonna be using FS2002 or FS2004 or anything i'm gonna use Falcon 4.0 w/ US1.08/SP4 to get the max realism. Although the sim is very nicely planned out (about a year and half now) I still can't figure out how to get the MFD's (2 of them) to display the correct menu's etc..
If anyone has any ideas, such as how i can hook these MFD's up and work properly it'd be greatly appreciated.

Little on my background:
My family has all agreed up on tackle'n a f-16 together, regardless of cost. On the team we have a carpenter (very skill full, and can cut out bout anything u'd like wit great accuracy), a very skilled A+ Networker/Programmer, the "Know it all guy" lol Very Happy and me (4 years of Electronics school and 2 more years coming up for college) I know quite a bit of electronics, from analog, digital, microprocessors etc. I'm currently a Private Pilot out of Joplin, Missouri and been flying since I was 13. Been simming since 11, but now i'm bout to go to college (Northern Central Kansas Tech. College to recieve my Associates in Electronics Tech.) and head off to the Air Force Academy hopefully :S

Just thought i'd let u guys in on a little info about me....O and i am currently running my own online Web Development Group called
WiTechOnline http://www.witechonline.com

well if u could give me any information or advice on my problem plz contact me personally at rwittner@witechonline.com
-U.S. Fighter Pilot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cwbalmer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Major!!

I would initially suggest lookign at the F16 pit links on Mike's Flightdeck site... http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/simpit_links.htm Some of those guys will have done this I am sure!

Chris.

Administrator, Screenshotworld.com
Member of the Bentwaters Aviation Society
Volunteer at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: F16 Reply with quote

Just a note to let you F16 fans know that I am slowly creating ELITE versions of the F16 panels. Same concept. Tested. Look great. Just redrawing, improving.. Checking Paint...

I also created a simple. low cost MFD. Pic is here:

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/F16-MFD-Feb2304.jpg

This is mad ein the same manner as the NOVA Series CDU kits.
I am using Injected Molded Keys here though.
One of the layers could be changed to be a lense.
This is glossy material and should likely be painted a flat black.
PC
Maj. Harm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, cwbalmer. I used to have that link BUT lost it and never could find it again lol, Helped me out alot. If anyone else is have'n the same questions then contact me, because I've found out alot so far... PC that panel looks pretty good Wink I'll be ordering the panels pretty soon, as soon as we get everything all worked out.

I'm bout ready to put the F-16 Sim website online, hopefully within 2 weeks, depends on how work goes along. I'll keep you guys informed.
-U.S. Fighter Pilot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: