Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you build a 747 Glare/Wing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lestat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: How do you build a 747 Glare/Wing Reply with quote

I am working on my 747 and so far have made it through the MIP and console. I am stuck on how to fabricate the glare/wing as it is a rather strange set of angles and shapes. Any information from someone who has fabricated one, or has some ideas would be appreciated.
Randy Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: How to build a B747 Glare wing Reply with quote

Have you looked at the Noval Penels for the A320 on FDS? Select Glare Shield then click on Building Tips. They have a real good example their. I plan on starting with that for building my B777 glare Shield. Building the wings is going to be a challenge on the B777.

Randy
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Glare Wings Reply with quote

One of the tougher parts in the FlightCenter production is the Glare Wings..
I can tell you that we are going to release these types of parts VERY soon.
For those that want a complete Glare wing setup we can do that, for those that just want the front shapes ready for switches and some "Do-it-yourself" building we will have this too..
Let me get the Flightcenters fully through production and its a done deal.
B777, B747 and B737NG will be first. PC
Brian P.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Glare wings Reply with quote

Dont forget the 767 Very Happy I could use the whole thing!! LOL And just as a comment, its really nice to see an area where all the FDS users can exchange info. Thanks Peter.

Brian

ps. Any other 767 builders out there?
Garys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For building your wing section, build this seperately to the main Glareshield. If you go to airliners.net etc you will see this part in front of the pilot being padded. build this part including its shape to fit the panel. This can later be fixed pernamently to your main glareshield structure. Not seeing pictures of how you built your structure to hold the mip its hard to say what the best way is to build your main glareshield but if you followed a tutorial that pete has on his A320 site Support Framing For Your Glare/Main Panel then its pretty simple to have a rail for your MCP,EFIS and EICAS housing to sit on in between the centre support frame. The best suggestion i can make is build everything in pieces, fasten everything together, use some putty, paint and it will look like one piece just like on the aircraft.

Also have a look at Pascals site http://www.747-400.com/project/
as he has some really good ideas.

Gaz
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The B757/767 builders will be very happy with our plans. We will certainly be including them in all the items we make.
We had the pleasure to work with Michael Lehkamp on his project after we met at the AVSIM show in Reading, PA. Michael challenged us to make a new MIP and MAIN panel parts in the new ELITE series. You can see Michaels project here. (We are pretty excited about having some FDS in this project as his work was a huge source of motivation when we started in this hobby. Mike is one of the first to build on his own and its amazing how far down the road he is. Proof that it can be done!)

http://www.avsim.com/project757/pics/november03.html

We are looking forward to working some more with ML.
PC
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian,
Russel B urged me to go forward on this forum and I relaized after that it was the only place I could work with all the builder/friends I have.
In the public forms I am not likely to discuss much as its not the place.
But here.. you can ask about , discuss, suggest.. openly and I in turn can give you my persepective. Thats a great thing.
I truly look forward to seeing all the great people I have met joining in here and working to push our amazing hobby further. We are an amazing group if do say so myself! PC
lestat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter. If this turns out anything like the rest of the 747 panels then it is definitely worth the wait. I also have lots and lots of other items that I need to work on before I get close to the wing section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: