Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LED Display - and 747 MCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lestat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: LED Display - and 747 MCP Reply with quote

I am looking for 7 segment displays to use in my 747 MCP. I have tried to find the pictures on FDS but cannot get the link to work. I would love to find a page that had all the hardware for the 747 MCP listed (so I could order it all at once..Peter..?
Has anyone build this section and what did you use for the displays?

Thanks, Russ
Garys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Russ,

The type of LED display to use is tottally dependant on the interface your using. The epic system requires Common Anode where as the Tekworx needs Common Cathode, so the time to start looking for LED displays is when you have worked out what interface you will be using. The Good news is that your prefered colour and size is nearly always available in both.

Gaz
lestat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: 747 7 Segment Displays Reply with quote

I have an EPIC system. I ended up with the HDSP-7501 and I ordered 50 of them yesterday. I found them at future-active.com. It seems that CSI has a board that will hold up to five and wires nicely for EPIC systems. They had some good information on the dimensions that made this a lot easier. Next step is ordering the encoders and such. Finding clear information on the size's of items is hard and it seems quite important. Anyway the HDSP-7xxx all run approx .3" so you can fit 6 in a 2 inch area. I ended up with the following math on this:
747 Radios: 1 7/8" Wide, 1/2" High = 6 HDSP-7XXX it seems that this would provide 111.11 displays. Perhaps as the decimal is on the segment this could be 111.111 but I do not think that the radios display that small. For the 747 MCP this was:
Speed : 1 - 1/2" Wide 1/2" High
Heading: 1 - 1/2" Wide 1/2" High
Vert Speed : 2" Wide 1/2" High
Altitude: 2" Wide 1/2" High

I ended up with another 5 HDSP's for each of these
With 6 radio displays and 4 for the MCP this was 50 HDSP total.

With the segment displays it is now time to work out all the other electronics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: