Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIP / CRT monitor size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olealm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: MIP / CRT monitor size Reply with quote

Hi !

Just starting the planning of my 737NG cockpit.
Saw that the MIP panel is available for both 17 and 19" monitors. Is this CRT, or LCD size ?

Have a few 19" CRTs (18" VIS), would they do the job for the PFD/ND if I order the 19" edition MIP ?

..Ole..
www.737cockpit.no
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: NG Monitor Sizes Reply with quote

The most common set I make requires a minimum of 14.125" of viewable width for the PFD/ND...
The EICAS would require 10.5" width and 9.5" minimum.

PC
olealm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

Thanks for the quick answer !
My 19"'s have 14,3 VIS width, which would be enough then !

For the EICAS I am planning on the pm cmbined EICAS/Standby,and would need a 19" CRT for that purpose, I guess.. Another Q. about the panel above the EICAS display: If the monitor should cover also the Standby instruments, in what way could that conflict with the panel above the EICAS (737NG), when I install the panel/hardware ? Would I have to mount the buttonpanel above EICAS a bit "out of the MIP to get room for the button hardware behind it ? (struggling to find the correct english words here....).

Well, I know this is my own practical problem Smile , but is there a known "common" way of solving this ?
www.737cockpit.no
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: