Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Networking question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Networking question Reply with quote

I've seen the earlier suggestions regards using a switch instead of a hub to increase network speeds (and maybe use 100Mbps equipment?).

Is there a program or utility available that can measure your network speeds? Or perhaps I could send a large-ish file of a known size to other pc's on the network, in both directions at the same time and measure the time taken. Does that sound sensible?

Thanks

Sean
bwr014

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Networking question Reply with quote

What is the problem with your network? And yes a switch is better than a hub even in this case it shouldnt make much of a differnce it needs to work fine with a hub on 100 mps
ribel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just aquired 2 pc's as the first step towards my sim. The network (3 pc's) seems to be working fine. Haven't got any PM software on it yet tho. That's the next step. But I was just curious as to the speed it's working at, that's all.
bwr014

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have reinstalled some PM software aswell works fine here the issue will be more the memory in the comp you going to run PFD /NP on than your network speed. Succes with it Smile
captflyby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: DU Meter Reply with quote

There is a little program called DU Meter. Download it.

The PC you run it on can measure your outgoing and incoming data rates in KB/sec or kbps/sec. It is really handy. I use it a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: