Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCDU and TFT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRIEST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: I maybe able to help you guys Reply with quote

Gentlemen,
As PC and Matt O can tell you I am building what I hope to be one of the most realistic ome built A340s ever (hoping key word lol) I have 3 of these for my 3 CDUs for A340 and use a VGA splitter for all 3 they are beautiful but if you all get together and let me know who wants them the owner of the company MP3 http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/special/th-5688.htm is a buddy of mine and lives across town I may be able to get you a better deal. Let me know, if I can help anyone at all with your stuff please let me know even tho Im just a beginner myself. Thanx to PC and Matt O for their time and terrific contribution.

Tim
Canada
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Another Option Reply with quote

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=19462549&St=4404&St2=71777613&St3=-40065291&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=124968&DID=7

This unit is pretty slick in that there is a minimum of "Structure" to deal with. I would like to triple check the Screen size but it appears to be fine.
PC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRIEST,

I am using the same TFT's as you but the only problem I have found is converting the US power supply to UK!! I used a shaver plug but the TFTs blew the 1 AMP fuse in them and 1 AMP fuses are smaller than the 5 AMP fuses I need! Now having to get some sort of Power Supply that my co-build is sourcing so that we can have it at 5 AMPs and just put a dummy fuse in the shave socket!!! On the up side of things, we havent got our software yet but we have run several long DVDs as "endurance" tests to see if they overheat too much or anything and they seem fine. We hope to use the inbuilt speakers for inflight DVDs on those 6 hour flights,as we have a phono switcher so can swap over at the flick of a button Laughing Very Happy Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops forgot to say in above post that this was me Andrew McQuillan (A320 on forum but havent got password handy!)
Norman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew,

You could always just chop off the 2 pin plug and replace it with a standard 13amp (with 5amp fuse fitted) domestic UK plug.

Failing that, if the plug is moulded as part of the transformer get one of those gender convertors you would take on holiday. These are not fused and are simply a means of changing the pin config.

Or, do as I do. Computer power supplies output 12v and 5v. The leads used for hard drives etc are 12v. At <700ma its easily capable of driving the screen.

YMMV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: