Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B757-232 project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: B757-232 project Reply with quote

Heys guys I have recently(well 5 months ago) bought a 757 flightdeck and have been working on getting it to a size suitable to fit in my garage.I put a bunch of pictures on flicker of my progress here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53671316@N06/with/4961335131/

enjoy

Dan
N737AG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to finally meet a builder here in South Florida. Dan has a pretty serious job ahead and I can't wait to help him in any possible way ....

.... to fly that sim as soon as possible.

Good job Dan

Axel
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what a find. Looks like a nice piece.

I just cant imagine the looks on your neighbor's faces Smile

Keep us posted
Scott
bluskydriver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: NOTAM-Possible Flickr Fault Reply with quote

Dan,

I'm not sure if you or anyone else has came across this, but after I went to the flickr link I got major faults with IE 8.06. Multiples of IE windows starting/opening and would not stop. I had to reboot the computer. Afterwards, I did a restore to last session in IE, and then the same problem.

The second time I didn't do restore to last session and just went to my default home page first, problem solved. However, I am not going to click on the Flickr link again to double check this.

I just wanted to make this NOTAM in case someone comes across this problem, they'll know what I did and thereby, they can do the same thing...

Thanks for posting, but would you please post one or two photos into the thread for us to see?

John

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: 757 flightdeck Reply with quote

Hey guys just uploaded a few more pics of my progress.Enjoy!

Dan
melnato

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...Hardcore Sim at its best!

Good luck mate...wish I could fly it one day....or Axel Smile

Nat
N737AG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan : Great pictures. Glad it fit into the garage - I know you had your concerns. Also great cleaning and painting job you did. Looks completely different from what I first saw at the workshop. Can't wait to see it flying.

Nat : Dan and I live only 45 minutes apart. So, whenever you decide to come, we'll make sure you get lots of flying hours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: boeing 757 Reply with quote

Hey Nat whenever you are down in South Florida give me a shout would love to have you over!!

Axel:Thanks for the kind words buddy,I will see you in two weeks hopefully with your CDU bay!

Dan
bluskydriver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Awesome Project with a Black Widow Reply with quote

Hey Dan,

I've seen the pictures now and all I can say is "Awesome"! This project reminds me of going to get both of my cockpits and all the fun that was involved with them. Can you say "I felt like the smallest kid at the biggest candy store?". If so, then I truely share your feelings...

By the way, have you checked for the Black Widow Spiders yet? I bet $1 and a doughnut there is at least one in there or was in there. I found two and one try to attack me (yes, they get defensive). Even after hauling the cockpit up to Wisconsin, in the dead of winter, those two spiders survived the trip from Phoenix.

Anyway, what did you use to cut the bottom off and how did you know where to cut? The cut job looks really clean compared to what I have seen done. Maybe, you can post some pointers on this aspect?

Again, I must some Awesome Job and way to go!

John

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: boeing 757 Reply with quote

Hey John I'm so glad you finally got to see the pics! Yea you are so right I feel like a kid in a candy store! Im trying to convince my wife if I can buy a L1011 cockpit!But I dont think its going to happen...so sad...anyways blackwidow spiders..I didnt see any living creatures.A LOT of DUST though man I aint kidding.Dust where dust shouldnt be!!

How did I cut the bottom,well I had the guys at the scrapyard do that cause she was too damn big to ship without permits sooo they knew what they were doing anyways.I told them where I needed the cuts and that was it. So once I got her here,I had to do some more cutting myself and all I used was a recipricating saw,14" blade cement gas powered saw(using a metal/metal blade) and a 4"blade die grinder.Its was a lot of work but it wasnt as bad as I had expected.It went really smooth no real big hassles.Im a machinist by trade so I tell the metal what I want it to do!LOL.

Anyways thanks for the kind words!!

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: project 757-232 Reply with quote

Hey guys just uploaded more photos on Flickr. I have been working on repainting the interior,laying down carpet,have almost all the windows bolted in.Also working on the flood lighting in the overhead,glareshield,map lighting and MCP lighting.Have some lightplates mounted,and the seats are on rails now. Till next time

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: project 757-232 Reply with quote

Hey guys for all you 57/67 lovers out there,I posted some new progress pics,bulkhead is up,door hung,paint job complete.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: 757 flightdeck Reply with quote

Hey all,got more pics up..finally flying

Dan
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Give us an overview on functionality please... What have you running from the original Flightdeck?
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: 757 flightdeck Reply with quote

Hey Peter

well I have the yokes,columns and rudders working via FSUIPC,will be tying in the tiller and throttle quad in the next few days. All steam gauges I do plan on interfacing,but for the time being just the integeral lighting is working.The Glass working via LevelD,with sound and Buttkickers working great..all the flood lighting working,completed the MIP panel lighting,and waiting on panels for overhead.and finally for now have one short throw beamer,viewsonic PJD7583w..just beaming on the wall for now till i get a screen. Thats it for now..

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: