Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lower EICAS Resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaddyBooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Lower EICAS Resolution Reply with quote

Hi All...

I am configuring my Lower EICAS on my JetMax and am receiving g2d.dll CTD in FSX the moment any flight is loaded.

I've removed all add-ins (including my PMDG NGX) and am trying to get it first working with the Ultralight aircraft.

After troubleshooting for quite some time, it appears to only occur whenever I have the Lower EICAS display active. When I remove that display, I can at least load a flight but the display space for FSX does not encompass all of the active monitors. I think I may have a problem with the way FSX is mapping it's display space across all of the monitors.

At the present, I am running with the Lower EICAS rotated using the nVidia driver and am running at 1024x1280 resolution.

I have two graphics cards. A nVidia GTX 680 driving the main display, my PFD and the CDU. A second GeForce 210 is driving the Standby Instruments / EICAS and the Lower EICAS.

Does anyone have a similar configuration and could you let me know how you configured your display resolutions and mapped the monitors in Windows 7?

Many thanks for any ideas...

...Robert
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which avionic software are you using?
DaddyBooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A follow-up to my earlier post...

The problem appears to be the addition of a fifth display. I've been able to get the Lower EICAS to work by disabling another display.

So...I amend my question. Any suggestions around whether 5 displays is a problem?

Many thanks in advance...

...Robert
DaddyBooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
Which avionic software are you using?

None at the moment. I have been running native PMDG NGX with windowed displays.

I've eliminated NGX as the issue. I'm presently troubleshooting the problem with plain vanilla FSX and the ultralight aircraft also without success.

The problem appears to be the 5th monitor. After further testing, I've found that the problem only occurs when I enable the 5th monitor. With 5 displays, FSX crashes whenever I attempt to load a flight.

The Lower EICAS has been the bain of my build. I've now purchased Peter's excellent LCD rather than try to integrate my own. My system specs should easily support 5 monitors but this appears to be a FSX limitation of some sort.

I'm now trying to determine what constraints cause a CTD of g2d.dll. Most of what I've learned has to do with scenery files. I've not yet found someone who has said it's attributed to the number of displays.

Thanks...

...Robert
rbvod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not also connect 5 monitors, maximum 4.

My cockpit:
http://737-800ng.blogspot.de/
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: PMDG NGX Monitor Issues Reply with quote

We have seen this reported with PMDG NGX.
Sometimes th eorder they are set up helps but please do remember you are trying to streeeech NGX way past its design.. It is Desktop Software..
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
DaddyBooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PMDG NGX Monitor Issues Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
We have seen this reported with PMDG NGX.
Sometimes th eorder they are set up helps but please do remember you are trying to streeeech NGX way past its design.. It is Desktop Software..
Peter

Thanks Peter...

Unfortunately, I can't get FSX to load a flight with any aircraft. I unloaded NGX for troubleshooting purposes. I may do a fresh FSX install.

Definitely seems to have something to do with running 5 monitors on one PC.

Sim-A or iFly may be in my future.

...Robert
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember when we were testing the NGX on our JetMax device it was very "hit and miss" on fie monitors.... We did get it running... It was erratic in terms of startup though. Once sorted it seemed to stable... Getting it there was tricky...
I feel your pain though, restarting fsx is time consuming....
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: PMDG NGX Monitor Issues Reply with quote

DaddyBooks wrote:

Sim-A or iFly may be in my future.

...Robert

I think since you are only running one computer the regular ifly edition may work.

Have you considered prosim?
DaddyBooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: [Update] Reply with quote

Hi All...

After further research and much testing, I have concluded that FSX Acceleration can not drive 5 displays. Anytime a window is dragged to the 5th display, a CTD occurs. I tried multiple resolutions, display adapters and display modes with no success.

I had been looking for an excuse to jump into Prepar3D and installed a copy over the weekend.

RESULTS: P3D worked flawlessly with 5 monitors and the NGX, once ported to P3D, runs reliably with no hangs or CTD.

I discovered some fascinating observations while integrating interfaceIT and TQ switches through FSUIPC4 Into P3D. P3D appears much more precise at reading keyboard input. I therefore discovered that some keyboard combinations I was using with FSX did not work because P3D was capturing those key sequences for P3D commands. FSX, for the most part, evidently gave priority to FSUIPC4.

P3D also appears to offer better persistence at storing window positions in saved flights over FSX. Re-loaded flights all return display windows to their "fully upright and locked positions".

The CDU and GLARE agents both work as expected.

There is more testing and tweaking to be done but initial results are encouraging.

...Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: