Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDU & PMDG NGX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo11

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: CDU & PMDG NGX Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a happy new owner of the magnificent CDU for Boeing 737. Currently I'm using it with PMDG 737-800 NGX, and on this I have a couple of questions (I'm using an Aplle MacBookPro with nvidia 570 CPU):
1) when I connect the VGA port to the laptop, automatically the screen on the laptop reduces...is this correct ???(my only solution so far has been to INCREASE the resolution of the laptop screen);
2) the CDU software Icon do not remain on the application bar on the bottom right corner , but is a shortcut on the laptop desktop scree...is it okay??
3) when I run the CDU connect software the TEST work perfectly (all switches work perfectly ok), but after having saved as PMDG assigned as Captain,and selected Exit, the LCD turns off, and it is therefore impossible for me to drag the CDU window from the laptop screen to the CDU screen (which is black, turned off);
4) sometimes the white light under the EXEC button remains on, while the LCD screen of the CDU is black...
5) if I do not press Exit on the CDU connect software after the setup, the CDU LCD stays on and then the problem I have is when I drag the CDU window from the laptop screen on to CDU screen it remains in window mode with the title bar on, if I select "Hide Menu Bar" the menu of FSX disappear, not the menu bar of the CDU window...how can I hide just the menu bar of the CDU window (and not the FSX menu bar, which I can hide by pressing ALT anyway...)??
6) Anyhow, is there a way to have the correct size of the CDU window onto the CDU screen, ib order for the command lines to be perfectly aligned withe the buttons??

Please advise and let me know.
Thanks a lot for help
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much we can help you if you are using a Mac Book? Everything we have developed is PC or Windows based.

If you run the test module can you see anything on the screen of the CDU? Does the resolution change on the Mac Book? I am pretty sure my laptop changes resolution as well.
apollo11

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Mac with BootCamp, so eventually it's like having a plain vanilla PC.

With the test module, the LCD screen lights up if I require select it.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you following the manual for the FDS-CDU-PMDG-?

Explains all the details for the screen etc.
apollo11

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details on my system: Apple Powerbook (running with BootCamp as a PC), Intel i7 processor, Nvidia GeForce GT650M CPU graphic, 8 GB Ram, running under Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

I've followed the manual for the FDS-CDU-PMG (by-the-way, the manual does not say WHEN to connect the VGA cable, just the USB cable...). Still:

1) laptop screen changes resolution (decreases) when I connect the VGA cable from CDU: I have to increase manually and set-up the CDU screen resolution manually as well;

2) as mentioned, CDU software small Icon does not appear in the bottom right corner application menu but only as a shortcut "normal size" icon on the laptop screen;

3) when I run the test module on the screen of the CDU appears the "NO SYNC" blue screen if just the USB cable of the CDU is connected; if the VGA screen cable is connected as well I see the Window symbol (I have the extended screen mode selected, where laptop screen is 1 and CDU screen is 2);

4) then if after running the TEST module, I configure for the PMDG Captain assignement, then press Exit (as mentioned in the manual) the screen turns off...it is impossible therefore from here onwards to drag the CDU Window from FSX into a turned-off screen; by the way, as you know another small Icon appears (PMDG one) when PMDG Captain is assigned, should I select Exit on this Icon as well???

5) so the only way to have the CDU screen on is, as mentioned, not to select Exit after the TEST + PMDG configuration, so the CDU screen stays turned on and I can drag the CDU Window onto the CDU screen;

6) still remains the problem on how to correctly seize the CDU window onto the CDU screen to have the command lines and buttons perfectly aligned, plus also the problem of having the "title" bar of the CDU window remaining (if I select "Hide Menu Bar" from the CDU window the menu bar of FSX disappears, not the menu bar of the CDU window)....

Any suggestion?? Thanks a lot for your help and patience.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FDS-CDU software when running shows in the Task Bar (by the clock) and you need to select "Save". The software needs to running for the CDU to work. Right-click on the FDS-CDU software and select "Configure" and select "PMDG" from the drop down menu. Select Captain from the drop down menu showing the Device. Then "Save". Adding the VGA cable has no bearing on the installation so plug it in at the beginning of installation.

Sizing the screen and alignment is by moving the PMDG CDU screen.

I can't comment on any resolution issues on your computer but in test mode you should be able to get the CDU and laptop screens showing your desktop. Then the same for PMDG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: