Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Led output short? (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorbenJA

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Led output short? (Resolved) Reply with quote

I'm having problems understanding if the SYS4 boards is damaged or I'm doing something wrong.
The 14 announciators/LEDs on the Fire Panel (from Opencockpit) have been wired to fill 2 slots in the SYS4 board. But some of the announciators doesn't light up when testing in PROSIM and others light up in pairs.
When testing the connections using a battery it works fine without revealing any shorts.
Measuring on the board reveals that pins (with same number) in two different slots in the same row have no resistance between them. I also though that pin 1, which connects to the black wire in the connector should be common (-).
Any ideas?

Torben
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with Opencockpits parts.

Did you re-wire each LED separately? Possibly sharing the common for a max of 8 LED's to each 10 pin connector?

What are the spec's on the LED's? Are they compatible with the SYS card?

I have heard that some suppliers share the positive side and feed each ground. Not sure how you wired it or is it their PCB?

Note: Maximum 2 LED's per pin on the 10 Pin connector is recommended.
TorbenJA

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each LED pair (2 LEDs to 1 announciator) is connected with + to one output pin and they are all connected to 1 common - so the 2 common wires (one from each of the 2 slots/banks) are wired together.
This because I then use a 15-wire flat cable and D-sub connectors to extend the wires from the panel to the sys board.

Torben
TorbenJA

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that the grounds of the different banks aren't (apparently) connected. When each group within each bank got their own spearate common the problem was solved.

Torben
kapilaB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done Smile Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: