Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A/T, Prepar3d, Squawk Code, MCP Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleron230

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: A/T, Prepar3d, Squawk Code, MCP Issues Reply with quote

Hey there,

I've been having several issues with the FDS 737 Cockpit I've been working on. I've updated all the drivers as well as the SimA software (1.45).

Recently, I am unable to select a speed I'm the MCP. It stays at 100 no matter what I do (the number changes temporarily, but automatically reverts back to 100. The SimA virtual MCP remains at 100.)

The auto throttle does not seem to work, at least in Prepar3d v2. When the speed hold selector worked, the autothrottle did not. It would consistently lose speed (throttle/N1 varying around low speeds seemingly randomly) regardless of throttle position (Jetmax TQ). The aircraft would stall. Also, the A/T does not prevent overrevving or excessive EGT's, nor do anything in G/A mode, etc. I've messed with the derate function with no avail.

On the nav panel, the squawk code is not selectable; it remains constant at 1200. Not a big deal, but it am curious if there is a fix.

Thanks a lot!
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are not filling in all the data in the CDU. Our JetMax is running Sim-A and working well. Holds speed etc. Make sure you have regenerated the aircraft config file in the Sim-A server and loaded the aircraft then save. Some updates have AP improvements. Sim-A works with FSX and P3D the same.
Fleron230

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
Sounds like you are not filling in all the data in the CDU. Our JetMax is running Sim-A and working well. Holds speed etc. Make sure you have regenerated the aircraft config file in the Sim-A server and loaded the aircraft then save. Some updates have AP improvements. Sim-A works with FSX and P3D the same.

I just tried everything again. Filled out the CDU completely, full route and all. Flew LNAV VNAV, anything not relating to the autothrottle is perfectly fine. However, the IAS/MACH selector keeps reverting down to 100 KIAS for some reason. It works somewhat better on MACH mode, where it only just lags a bit. However, because of this, I could not even test VNAV (VREF kept reverting down to 100KIAS constantly back and forth).

The A/T still allows for the engines to exceed N1 and EGT limits as well.
Fleron230

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have messed around with the settings (reinstalled everything) and now, whenever I have VNAV or speed hold, the throttle just holds at the FMS N1 limit rather than holding a speed.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and help you when I get back next week. Can you email me a step by step on what you are entering in the CDU?

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: