Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SYS Boards and PSX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JP744

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: SYS Boards and PSX Reply with quote

Hello,

I have some questions about the SYS boards and PSX (B747-400 simulator) interfacing. I know the software is not available now but the release is scheduled for very soon (August).

First, are the SYS boards (hardware part) already compatible with this software ?

Second, is the InterfaceIT software already compatible and if not, will an update be delivered in a reasonable delay after PSX release ?

Third and last question, what about the indicator LEDs dimming with the SYS boards ? I know that PSX will make possible to dim the Korry's LEDs accordingly to the IND LTS switch position (BRT, DIM or TEST) located on the overhead. Are the SYS boards able to render this feature ?

Regards
Jean-philippe
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, the SYS board hardware interfaces fine with PSX. There are no modifications necessary for the hardware to recognize that a switch has been thrown or a light needs to be lit.

Second, the interfaceIT derivative being developed for PSX provides the linkage to PSX and that effort is still in development. Most of my sim has already been interfaced and works fine, there are just a few additional conditions that need to be enabled. It is anticipated that that effort will be completed this month.

Third, the indicator light test. The capability to dim the LEDs is not enabled.

Cheers,

Jon
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special thanks to Jon for his never ending efforts on the 747. Thank you!
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon! Looking forward to seeing how this updated PSX all comes together when it is released.
JP744

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jon. For now, to simulate the BRT - DIM feature, I think about adding a relay on the LEDs chanel in order to switch between the normal 20mA out of the SYS board and an additional resistor to get a lower current in the LEDs. It would be fine to get the LEDs driven by PSX directly (abnormal situations, ...)

Peter, Steve, I don't know how the SYS board LEDs chanel is built (multiplexed PWM ?) but do you think this feature could be enabled easily and is it reasonable to think it could be ?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told it could not be done easily and the SYS card uses PWM.
JP744

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it is not possible to change all the production line only for 747 builders and PSX users. Just an idea, but the PWM is very flexible for output voltage management. I don't know how this management is done on the SYS boards, but maybe it may only need a software modification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: