Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set up FDS CDU with ProSim737

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polarisfly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: How to set up FDS CDU with ProSim737 Reply with quote

I don´t get the FDS CDU working with Prosim, it was working fine with pmdg.
Could not find the answer here so far...

In Prosim737 CDU module under config/drivers Tekworkx/FDS CDU´s is enabled.
The latest CDU controller (3.1.5.0) from Tekworkx is installed. In the CDU controller pulldown menu there is
no Prosim option showing up. I deinstalled and installed again, no change.
Prosim version 1.38, built 06 Oct 2014 is installed.

When starting ProSim CDU module I get the message:
"Support for Tekworkx CDU has been enabled but not yet registered.
Please install the ProSim737 TekWorkx driver with the supplied installer"
But what is the TekWorkx driver ? Is it not the installed CDU controller ?
Is there a special TekWorkx driver for prosim?
Michael
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are FDS Drivers from ProSim to install to get the CDU to work. Did you install them?

Here is the link to the manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9a6d0onxenpedl/FDS-PRO-MX-CDU-MAN-1.8.pdf?dl=0

The link in the manual doesn't work anymore. I haven't found the latest link from ProSim. Will see if I can get that link for you.

It is all in the setup, each Avionics software is different.
polarisfly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter for your quick reply.
The CDU is now working with ProSim.

The driver now is delivered within the ProSim-v1.38 installation package.
There es a folder named "FDSDriverInstaller". After having installed the driver, I found Prosim737 in the pulldown menu of the CDU controller.

I was a bit confused, because the whole setup procedure seemed to have changed over the last years. You may adapt this in your manual.

Best
Michael
polarisfly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might also be interesting information, that I got on the ProSim Forum:

"In Prosim 1.38 production release, you need to run the FDS CDU Controller application as well. This puts a task in the Windows task bar and you can configure the cdu there. Prosim will then recognize the CDU.

In the most recent pre- releases ( 1.39.38 ) Prosim now supports the FDS CDU with its own version of the tekworks driver (interfaceITAPI.dll )"
MistyBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran through the upgrade from 1.38 to 1.4.

With 1.38, I had the TEKworx drivers and the FDS-CDU app which needed to be run for the CDU to work properly with ProSim.

With the latest upgrade, I was able to uninstall both the FDS-CDU app and the TEKworx drivers and ProSim is still able to talk to the CDU.

Much simpler now and everything seems to work correctly. I only have a capt CDU right now, so I'm not sure how it handles dual CDU's. I assume that's also built-in.
polarisfly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same here, both CDU´s work very good without the tekworx driver.
The only issue I experience not offen (ps 1.40) is the sometimes dissapearing inputs in the scratchpad (discussed in other post).
I didn´t try PS 1.41b12, the problem might be solved with that version.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info from ProSim via Flightsimtech (Our JetMax Reseller in the EU)

Important information for JetMax in combination with ProSim737 / important information for JetMax/ProSim737 user / information importante pour l ' utilisation JetMax en combinaison avec ProSim737: German: ProSim737 provides full, native support for the JetMax hardware.
All the necessary drivers are now integrated in ProSim737.
This increases the stability of the overall system and brings some new features.
With the transition the old controller programs by TekWorks at ProSim737 version 1.39 and 1.4 now in conflict with the new native connectivity (E.g. CDU is no longer correct to operate). Be resolved it very simply as follows: CDU: 1) completely stop the CDU controller. Should this be included in a startup routine, also here remove. On the Task Manager if necessary. Verify whether the program is completed.

(2) open the ProSim737 CDU, software with a right click on CONFIG-> DRIVERS-> TekWorks/FDS-CDU-> ENABLE 3) select now list the corresponding CDU serial number in the including (at JetMax only a number should be to see users).

(4) close the program ProSim737 CDU and start it again.

MCP: 1) completely stop the glare controller. Should this be included in a startup routine, also here remove. On the Task Manager if necessary. Verify whether the program is completed.

(2) open the ProSim737 system with a right click on CONFIG-> DRIVERS-> FDS hardware support-> ENABLED 3) click on advanced then select "Enable Support for FDS G3 MCP/EFIS".

(4) confirm with "OK".

English: Important information for our JetMax customers using ProSim737: there is now full native support for JetMax hardware directly included in ProSim - this dacha stability of the whole system and brings some new features. After updating ProSim to release 1.39 or higher you might therefore experience some problem (i.e. CDU want to keyboard no longer work), but there are few simple steps you need to do in order to get everything up and running.

CDU: 1) close the CDU controller completely. If you have this program in startup routine, please remove it. Verify via Task Manager, the program that is already closed.

(2) start software, go to CONFIG-> DRIVERS->-> ENABLE 3 TekWorx/FDS CDU ProSim737 CDU) from the list below select the CDU serial number (JetMax users will see only one unit detected) 4) Close ProSim737 CDU and it start again MCP: 1) close the glare modules completely. If you have this program in startup routine, please remove it. Verify via Task Manager, the program that is already closed. You can uninstall it from the system.

2) open ProSim737 SYSTEM, go to CONFIG-> CONFIGURATION-> DRIVERS-> FDS HARDWARE SUPPORT-> ENABLED 3) click on ADVANCED and select ENABLE SUPPORT FOR FDS G3 MCP/EFIS 4) confirm with OK France: information importante pour l ' utilisation JetMax en combinaison avec ProSim737: ProSim737 offre maintenant le support natif you hardware JetMax. Tous les drivers cases of sont b dans ProSim737. CECI augmente la stabilité you systems et offre of nouvelles fonctionnalités.
Avec la migration de ProSim737 ou en version 1.39 1.40 les applications contrôleur TekWorks ou sont en conflit ne fonctionnent, par exemple le CDU ne peut plus être utilisé correctement. Voici comment on peut résoudre ce problems: CDU: 1) Terminer le CDU complétement controller. Si cette application se Trouvé also dans l ' AutoStart, il faut aussi le supprimer la. Pour être vous pouvez Contrôler via le Task Manager si l ' application for sure est complétement Terminé.

2 Ouvrez l ' application ProSim737 CDU. Avec un clique droit-> DRIVERS-> TekWorks/FDS-CDU-> ENABLE CONFIG.

(3) Choisissez maintenant le numéro de series CDU correspondant dans la list en dessous (les utilisateurs JetMax devront avoir un seule Numéro).

(4) Redémarrez l ' application ProSim737 CDU.

MCP: 1) Terminer le glare complétement controller. Si cette application se Trouvé also dans l ' AutoStart, il faut aussi le supprimer la. Pour être complétement vous pouvez Contrôler via le Task Manager si l ' application et dates for sure.

2 Ouvrez l ' application ProSim737 SYSTEM. Avec un clique droit CONFIG-> MAIN et activez «Enable Support for FDS G3 MCP/EFIS».

(3) Confirmez avez «OK».
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
gufau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a problem with my CDU and new drivers Prosim.
1) I followed the instructions above.
2) there is a significant drop in light intensity compared to before (I have to completely turn the button to the right to have an acceptable sharpness).
3) the key backlight also controls the screen. That is to say that if I completely turns the button to the left, there is nothing on the screen (black screen).
4) There has keys that are no longer lit: R1-R6, crz, of, hold, A, B, C, D, E

Can you help me understand what is going on.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the "Test Module" that is is in the FDS-CDU software to check the CDU.

All info is in the CDU Manual.

Do you have the manual?

We need to check the hardware and the Test Module is how you check it.

The screen brightness would be controlled via ProSim for the CDU screen. The keylighting is controlled by the interface board in the CDU.
gufau

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the "module test" and there is always the key backlight: DES, HOLD, PROG, A, B, C, D, E and R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, 46 not working .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: