Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jetmax Cables (777)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DChockey08

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Jetmax Cables (777) Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm scheduled to receive my 777 Jetmax unit some time this week and was planning on doing a little preemptive shopping this weekend so I can be ready to go when it arrives. My setup right now is to put the unit in a small closet sized room and have the computer just outside of it, to prevent overheating.

Problem is, with the setup like that I need extra long cables to get from the device to the computers. Can anyone with a Jetmax 777 confirm how many cables of each kind are needed?

I'm assuming right now that I need 3 DVI's for the PFD, ND, EICAS and lower displays as well as a VGA cable for the CDU. Is this correct? What about the others, like USBs? I was thinking of purchasing USB extension cables to reach the computer, but how many to I need?s

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pierre
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what screens you have 18.5" and 15" you may need VGA as well. The CDU and Lower MFD screen ARE VGA.

You could run a USB Powered Hub at the JetMax and try an extender or Active USB cable to the Avionics PC. Same for the FSX/P3D computer for the Flight Controls and Throttle.

A few extra fans on the computers would help as well if you are worried about overheating. Seen a few of these "closet" simulators and they had the PC's in the closet and outside the closet with extenders. They both worked well.
DChockey08

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
Depending on what screens you have 18.5" and 15" you may need VGA as well. The CDU and Lower MFD screen ARE VGA.

You could run a USB Powered Hub at the JetMax and try an extender or Active USB cable to the Avionics PC. Same for the FSX/P3D computer for the Flight Controls and Throttle.

A few extra fans on the computers would help as well if you are worried about overheating. Seen a few of these "closet" simulators and they had the PC's in the closet and outside the closet with extenders. They both worked well.

Got it. I think I'll get a USB hub for the rest. So I need two DVI cables and two VGA cables, correct?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked and the 2 monitors (PFD/ND and EICAS) come with VGA cables. You will need extension cables for those as they are standard length cables.

The CDU and MFD screen require cables that are not included and must be VGA.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre

Be really careful when it comes to USB Hubs
I had no end of trouble when I was building my 737. In the end I threw them away and plugged directly into the PC (Had extra ones installed) all my hardware/software interface problems disappeared.

By the way it took me about 6 weeks all up from delivery to getting up and flying, you are a champion, you seem to have your 777 up and running over a few days.

Cheers
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: