Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jetmax TQ Fuel Cutoff Levers (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MistyBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Jetmax TQ Fuel Cutoff Levers (Resolved) Reply with quote

Just picked up a used Jetmax Throttle Quadrant in great shape and I'm getting ready to start configuring it. Love how it looks! Anyway, I noticed the fuel cutoff levers are fixed in place, though they look like they could move. Are they supposed to be non-functional? If so, bummer!
MistyBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangit, I hate when my noob-ness shows! Thanks to Pete for the quick reply to my "dilemma". Nothing wrong at all. Fuel cutoff levers work just fine. I just had to pull the levers back THEN lift.

Leave it to Boeing to design an idiot-proof system and FDS to replicate that system properly. Apparently it works. Doh!
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue with assigning switches that are not push button (IE: TOGA or A/T Disconnect) in a simulator with a Game Controller (FC-1 or TQ Controller) is that the Game Controller doesn't know the switch position till it sees one. So if they are ON it needs to see them cycle to see the ON position.

If you do "Cold and Dark" and the Fuel Cut-Offs are down at Cut-Off then no issue. As you do the Engine starts they will see the Idle switch position when you move the lever up. If you start with the engines running the logic doesn't know the switch position. Sometimes this creates an "out of Sync" issue. Cycling those 2 switches gets it back in "sync". Note: you will notice the Blue annuciators Sync up as well in the OH (ENG and SPAR Valves).
MistyBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Steve! Makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: