Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS-CDU software (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonahbird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: FDS-CDU software (Resolved) Reply with quote

I have just acquired a new PC to dedicate to supporting my main JetMax computer. The CDU has worked properly with my third computer, which is now for exclusive use on my "low and slow" simulator set up.

The main computer is Win7 and I use FSX with iFly737 PRO. The new support computer is Win10 (perhaps that is a problem).

I see that the software ( which I can't find) requires an SDK. The new PC has never had FSX, or any other flight sim, on it. So, could that be the problem.

When I open the Client software the CDU image is included but its font colour is purple, not the expected white.

I will be grateful for any help.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple on the CDU screen (hardware)?

Check the VGA cable or connection as well.
jonahbird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

No - the purple lettering is on the page that opens on the secondary computer, giving an array of all the images which will appear on the panels when configured.

So far I have only got the Captain's panels, Upper DU and Lower DU to show on the JetMax.

My main question was - do I need any software for the CDU? Excuse my old brain, which works a lot slower these days.

Best regards
OmniAtlas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had this issue with my mcdu yesterday. Drove me nuts, but I was able to fix it. Windows and fonts had a pink tinge.

I am running windows 10, it some how messes with the resolution and frequency.

Make sure you are running at 800x600. Try and play around with the frequency, set it at 75 or below Hz. Resize the window on the cdu screen several times - that seemed to work.

I think it has to do with windows 10 and how it manages the ? EHID

I thought my mcdu or video card was broken.
jonahbird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OmniAtlas

Thanks for the input, but I did resolve it and was too embarrassed to tell Steve Confused . I had overlooked the need to ensure that the three font files were in Windows/Font on both the Server and Client PCs.

My setup is still not fully running. I now have to reconfigure the throttle quadrant. The joys of simming Smile

Regards
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: