Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X Plane 10 Set Up and Testing info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinWheat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: X Plane 10 Set Up and Testing info Reply with quote

I have installed Sim A for testing with X Plane 10. I am looking for any guidance on setting up a few items. For example (landing gear, fuel cut off switches, autobrakes). Any help would be appreciated. Latest version of X Plane 10 and latest version of Sim A installed. Testing in DEMO before deciding to purchase if I can everything working.

Thanks,
Justin
slider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another question: what 737 aircraft did you use with XPlane 10 ?

Thanks,
Stephan
JustinWheat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X-737 but still have the plugin installed. Is it required to remove the plugin within the aircraft folder?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 100% sure but I think you just need to "Disable the Plugin"
737SimGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know what you have for hardware interface but here are a couple ways to do it.

Grab the latest XPUIPC here on this site, you will need it for SimA. Install it into your X-plane\resources\plugins folder. In the plugins menu within X-Plane navigate to XPUIPC | XPUIPC+ | Joystick Functions | Joystick Button Assignments. You can assign joystick buttons to trigger XPUIPC offsets there. Similar to FSUIPC, but much more primitive. There is also a section to calibrate your joysticks for things like CWS etc. This does NOT affect your regular joystick calibration, it is only for certain features in SimA.

You can also use the SimA SysBoard Controller. Very simple if you are interfacing using FDS hardware, and you can also assign regular joysticks there. Much more refined than my offset assignment section in XPUIPC.

x737 4.9.3 works well with SimA. You MUST remove the x737 plugin from within the plugins folder of the aircraft itself. You *can* disable it each flight using the X-Plane plugin menu and the Plugin Admin, but you will have to do that every flight. The plugin conflicts with the SimA autopilot. Unfortunately you also lose some of the cool features of the x737, but the tradeoff is worth it. I have asked the x737 authors several times for the ability within their plugin to disable the parts that conflict with SimA, but so far no luck. In addition, there are a few mods that can be made to the aircraft air file using PlaneMaker, if you feel bold enough to attempt it. I will paste my x737 mods notes below my signature.

Hope this helps. SimA works great in X-Plane 10!

James

x737 mods

To get starter to engage:
STANDARD | ENGINE SPECS | SpoolUp/Boost tab. Under "Starter" change the stater type to Electric.

I also found another tweak to the aircraft file that gives a more realistic N2 spoolup time:
STANDARD | ENGINE SPECS | SpoolUp/Boost tab. Under "Starter" change the "power in percentage of engine power" to 00.4

To set proper idles:
Hi Idle fuel adjustment: .56
Low Idle Fuel Adjustment: .70

Starter:
Starter Torque: 0.06
Starter design RPM: .20

For some reason they set it so the fuel is being introduced automatically at 30 seconds by the x737 aircraft file. There is a setting in PlaneMaker that will fix that. It's at STANDARD | ENGINE SPECS | SPOOLUP/BOOST tab, set the "engine start fuel intro time" to 99.9 so it doesn't automatically happen.

Also, under STANDARD | SYSTEMS | GENERAL 2 tab. Bottom right corner. Unclick the "hitting starter engages fuel to engine" box.

Also, if you have no way to engage the igniters, then make sure the "hitting stater engages igniters" box IS checked. I have them all unchecked because I set the igniters from my software.
737SimGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my last...

Using SimA 1.581b and later an important step in all this is to to load the XPLANE-B737.CFG **AND** make sure to go to the "Autopilot Tuning" tab in SimA, and then on the "A/P General Settings" tab click the "Restore Default Autopilot Values" **AFTER** SimA is connected to X-Plane via XPUIPC or XPWideClient. Otherwise it will NOT load the X-Plane values.

These values are tuned to work with the x737, but may be used for other X-Plane aircraft. They may or may not work well with other aircraft though so use caution!

James
JustinWheat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James for your helpful advice. I will give this a shot and let you know how it goes.

Justin
JustinWheat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Did a little testing this afternoon. Mind you I am running a Jetmax 737 all FDS hardware. The overhead panel is on a secondary monitor for the time being. Initial question I have is the DEMO is obviously time limited but is it also feature limited? As far as hardware interaction goes I am still having a few issues. The landing gear is not working at all. Up or Down or Off has reaction in sim. Never figured out how to assign the speedbrakes, flaps, or fuel cutoff levers. I have the throttles and reversers assigned through X Plane 10. I am going to need a little help getting those assigned. X Plane 10 is recognizing SIM A and XUIPC is working as advertised. You mentioned assigning stuff through the SYS Board Controller? I had a browse around in it but could not figure it out. Maybe I am missing something rather small but I am going to need some additional work. I am really eager to get this working.

Justin
melnato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Justin,

Steve will confirm, (just thinking out loud) the inputs on the JetMax must be either joystick or SYS Card. If SYS, then the same native FS gear up/down commands should work in xplane. If the gear lever is wired to a FC1 joystick, then you would assign them directly in xplane.

Nat
slider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have no luck using my yoke/rudder with xplane and Sim-Avionics.

My yoke and rudder are connected to the main avionics computer. Every things seems to be configured in SysBoard Controller.

I have check "Use Ext Controlled Elevator and Aileron". But, nothing move on the airplane (neither in the MFD).

What's the big deal ? Do you have an idea ?
melnato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slider,

"IF" your Yoke/Rudder are connected to a FC-1 or other joystick controller,
plug your flight controls directly to the XPlane computer and configure them inside XPlane, its really easy.

Nat
slider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melnato wrote:
Slider,

"IF" your Yoke/Rudder are connected to a FC-1 or other joystick controller,
plug your flight controls directly to the XPlane computer and configure them inside XPlane, its really easy.

Nat

I thought I could use it through Sim-Avionics Sysboard Controller.

Thanks for your help.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Followed the instructions for Xplane X install, but I'm unable to get any Yoke, Rudder, Throttle Quad to work correctly.

I'm in the same boat as slider, I decided to take a week off. Now that the week has passed, I'll see what I can find.

I'm really not looking to change my hardware configuration to accommodate XplaneX, I would like to run P3D3 and/or XPX side-by-side with simple software config changes.

In the mean time, Xplane X is grounded!.
slider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael_B767_ATP wrote:
Hi,
Followed the instructions for Xplane X install, but I'm unable to get any Yoke, Rudder, Throttle Quad to work correctly.

It doesn't work too using P3D. I can't plug my Yoke and Rudder on my avionics computer. Everything is assigned correctly using Sim-Avionics. In Server.exe, I have check "use external controller", but nothing moved in p3d or xplane....
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensure you've remove any other control assignments. ie in FS Standard controls and FSUIPC axis assignments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: