Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sim-Avionics Set-up Part 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Sim-Avionics Set-up Part 2 Reply with quote

What do I do next?

By now you should be using two PC's, one running FSX/P3D and the other one running the Sim-Avionics, the two PC's are linked by the Pete Townsend WideFS (Wideclient).

Actual state: PFD/ND/CDU/EICAS/MFD are in the hardware screens, the MCP is working.

What is not working are all the switches, buttons and LED lights and this is due to the fact that they have for the moment no assignment in the SysBoard Controller (except for both CDU and the radios)

You need to "Import" a file or manually assign each switch and LED.

• In the SysBoard Controller/Input Assignment, what is the difference between Assign1 and Assign2, do I need Assign2?

Some switches require an "OFF" event to let the software know you released the switch. The off on the switch is not wired, but in software you can let the SYSBoard Controller know it is off. Examples are the APU switch, Fault/INOP etc.

• Do I have to assign one by one all buttons and switches or does a file already exist filled with all the input/output assignments that can be imported and if yes, in which folder do I find it?

Located in this folder: C:\Sim-Avionics\SysBoard Interface\Import Files

Using the Import Tab follow the on screen instructions. The Import feature will take you to the folder. Not difficult once you see how easy it is.

• Same questions about the Output Assignment, and why do we have to click 10 times for an Output assignment?

The LED's need to be assigned and an easy way is to use some math to calculate the position on the board by a process of elimination. Takes on average 10 clicks. System works great and beats looking for each one one at a time.

• What is the difference between Input Assignment and Output Assignment, this is not very clear for me!

Inputs are switches. An action is created by moving a toggle or selector. An Output is an indicator that responds to the Input based on the logic in the Server for the aircraft.

• I received with the Sim-Avionics Installer, a folder containing apparently ready files with all Input and Output assignment, do I have to use those files and copy them in the folders mentioned in the readme file

The I/O files are used with an older interface system using InterfaceIT. This software is not used anymore in Sim-Avionics and has been replaced with the SYSBoard Controller software located in the main Sim-Avionics folder. C:\Sim-Avionics\SysBoard Interface

• And finally, I suppose that to see the 737NG in P3D V3.2 I have to install in the P3D SimObject folder, the aircraft file that can be downloaded here: http://www.sim-avionics.com/download.html

Yes you need to install the Sim-Avionics B737 from the downloads page. This flight model is tweaked to the autopilot. We use a single aircraft as it would be impossible to work with numerous flight models. This was a large problem with earlier Avionics packages. Too many flight models. Most Avionics Suites now have a dedicated aircraft that MUST be used.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: